Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Client Mode problems

Clabs

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
307
Reaction score
1
Points
18
I have been trying to set up Client Mode on my ET8500. Setup is Server Vu Duo2 > Client ET8500. Boxes are hard wired Gigabit LAN and are both running 5.2.044. I have previously been using RCSC which always worked pretty well but Client Mode seems a neater solution.

I enter the server details and press Green to save, and am given the message that the GUI needs to restart. I was aware that restarting can take some time whilst bouquets etc are transferred and I do have a large channel list. However, the box never restarts properly and seems to be stuck in a loop. I have tried powering off and back on but the same boot loop. I have tried a fresh flash on the ET8500 with the same results.

Looking at the logs directory, a new debug log is being produced every 50 seconds or so.

I wonder if someone could have a look at one of the logs (attached) and see if there is anything obvious?

View attachment Enigma2_debug_2019-07-13_19-09-05.log

Many thanks
 
Not sure on logs info as others could answer that,do you have samba running on both boxes [ unsure if revalent ] as both boxes should be strong enough to run client mode.Box ip is correct as you double checked.It does take a number of minutes to import from one box to another and how long was it left to do?
 
Its timed out reading the bouquets .....downloaded 304 of 624 bouquets ....... thats a lot of bouquets!!
Is that number correct?
Any chance that you can reduce them down to see if thats the issue.......
 
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Cactikid - network access between boxes is great - I have shares between boxes so I can watch recorded material from one box to the other.

Twol

I think you might be onto something with the number of bouquets. The Duo2 has a motorised feed and I installed one of the channels lists from this forum and do remember that it was pretty comprehensive (and large!). I will try removing that and installing a more compact channel list and see how I get along.

Cheers, Mark

PS. Any motorised channel list recommendations, anyone?
 
Last edited:
I use vhannibal autosetting 1.4 for my bouquets on 13,19.23.28.2 from plugins feeds.
Might not be a bad idea to backup your settings if you dont like vhannibal.
 
Just to follow up on this. twol was right on the money - my channel list was stupid large.

I have gone through and deleted lots of stuff I will never need and Client Mode working perfectly now.

Thanks twol :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top