B
BrianFWombat
Guest
Hi
I recently bought a TM NANO which had OpenVIX 3.0 pre-installed on it by WoS. The web thing reports...
Kernel version: 3.5.3 Firmware version: 3.0.761
I noticed that recordings don't seem to be starting/ending at the right time.. and got so bad that a program started 15 mins early and missed the last 15 mins.
On checking the clock I get...
root@tmnano:~# date
Thu Nov 21 21:09:10 GMT 2013
When in fact it's 20:20 GMT so there is significant difference
... in fact the difference seems to be rapidly increasing... i.e. that's almost 30 mins.. I'm sure it was 25 this morning.
root@tmnano:/var/lib# ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org
root@tmnano:/var/lib#
root@tmnano:/var/lib# date
Thu Nov 21 20:28:07 GMT 2013
root@tmnano:/var/lib#
By using...
ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org
it seems to get back in time.
What's the best way to keep the clock in sync?
I see that in "Time Setting" it is set to TimeZone GMT
Set time using Transponder
and has NTP server set to pool.ntp.org
Wouldn't that keep it in sync automagically?
Thanks
BfW
I recently bought a TM NANO which had OpenVIX 3.0 pre-installed on it by WoS. The web thing reports...
Kernel version: 3.5.3 Firmware version: 3.0.761
I noticed that recordings don't seem to be starting/ending at the right time.. and got so bad that a program started 15 mins early and missed the last 15 mins.
On checking the clock I get...
root@tmnano:~# date
Thu Nov 21 21:09:10 GMT 2013
When in fact it's 20:20 GMT so there is significant difference
... in fact the difference seems to be rapidly increasing... i.e. that's almost 30 mins.. I'm sure it was 25 this morning.
root@tmnano:/var/lib# ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org
root@tmnano:/var/lib#
root@tmnano:/var/lib# date
Thu Nov 21 20:28:07 GMT 2013
root@tmnano:/var/lib#
By using...
ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org
it seems to get back in time.
What's the best way to keep the clock in sync?
I see that in "Time Setting" it is set to TimeZone GMT
Set time using Transponder
and has NTP server set to pool.ntp.org
Wouldn't that keep it in sync automagically?
Thanks
BfW