Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Commando 14.7 DM500

khan888

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
565
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Nottingham
[h=2]Commando 14.7 DM500 Release[/h]
Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.

What's new?



  • Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
  • Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
  • Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
  • RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
  • Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
  • If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
  • yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
  • Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
  • A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
  • A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
  • Fix for the vanilla "ITV" names- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
  • New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
  • Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
  • Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
  • New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack

The Icing on the Cake

GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been renamed, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!

If it's a renamed channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.

Package contents:


  • The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
  • A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
  • Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket für unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
  • A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)


ENJOY! -- PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching
smile.png
 

Attachments

At least give the creators chance to post it without edits to the post!

Noted: You downloaded without even a thanks, or a single post on ukcvs!

:(
 
Last edited:
Original format of my UkCvs release notes would have been nice to have seen here too! Or is your 'THANKS' count more importantto you than preserving the original theme of my post at lunchtime?

As SatSearching (fellow Dev) says above, you couldn't even be bothered to hit the THANKS button. Breaks my heart, it really does...
:rolleyes:
AL
 
Reason I didn't thank/post on ukcvs because I couldn't log in so I downloaded from elsewhere! Thanks for the creators of this image and in future I shall be careful sharing such a great image.
 
I uploaded our new Commando 14.7 DM500 image to D-K at 17:28 yesterday and it appeared here 10 minutes later! Don't see your name on the Thanks button there either. Nor any posts, except 1 hello post.

In the old dBox2 days, all the Forums used to refer to this sort of behaviour as 'leeching'. To the extent that most boards implemented a minimum post count level before peeps could even download anything...

We are NOT averse to sharing our hard work. We ask simply that the release notes are preserved 'as is'. I did NOT use the words Excellent work in front of my name, you did. AL :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.
 
original release notes added to the first post as can be found on ukcvs.
 
Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.

No, just be more careful about how you Copy, Paste, and reFormat, please, like pheonix has done for you now. That's all we ask, m8 :)
 
ok thanks won't happen again :nono:

Dont worry about it, just remember most people while not publicly seeking recognition for their work, just want to have their release notes left intact without modification. Maybe you were not aware of the changes and if thats the case so be it. never the less it's resolved now.
 
new member

Many thanks,
I am just new to satellite reception and I am down under on the other side of the planet.I woul like to thank all the people for their valuable contribution to this forum.As I will be moving forward I will get to know some of you a little better,and if I ask some qestions wich may sound silly,please excuse my ignorance.
Happy days to all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post intro in a existing thread.

Never the less wwelcome to WOS.
 
C14.7 Online Updates go LIVE!

As posted by AL

Our first online update for Commando 14.7 comes only five weeks after release, so you will see that we haven't been letting the grass grow under our feet since then!

Before you go pressing buttons on your remote, please make sure you BACK UP your existing image and save it to PC. And please READ the important introductory note in the attached What's New? document before you start, otherwise (on this first occasion only) the online update will NOT complete properly.

This update is ground-breaking stuff, as it includes a SquashFS root partition reflash at the end! Don't forget- first RTFM (Read the effing manual)!

Then it's MENU > 3 - Utilities > Online Update

We were planning to announce this on Sunday 3rd March, but a server swap made it too risky. So we delayed for a day to let the dust settle.

Cheers- AL
 

Attachments

Which is a good bouquet to use with this image?

Also how do you add the cccam as I can not see it in etc or vat/etc

Thanks
 
It makes it own bouquets if you are on 28.2 if you are using fixed. That would be best as it would be soecific to your region (based on your selection).

If you are using other sats, download any E1 list and convert to neutrino settings.
 
Name it exactly m8, [drop the 2.11 ]

Thanks for the reply. I should have said I'm new to all this.

I'm seriously struggling to add a line to this.

Previous image I was running as it was enigma 1 I could go to softcams and add cccaamd and then FTP to the box and change the file cccam.cfg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seriously struggling to add a line to this.

Previous image I was running as it was enigma 1 I could go to softcams and add cccaamd and then FTP to the box and change the file cccam.cfg

Can we end this here guys,
kaboom I suggest you re-read the site rules.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top