keithccr
New member
Just a comment on updating my Solo4k to 4.0.002...
I had to do a 'proper' usb flash, as the instructions said. Okay, no problem.
I took a settings backup first, and re-flashed off the USB. It did its magic and eventually 4.0 started up. This was were the fun started!
It wouldn't let me restore my settings, so I went through all the manual start-up process and tried to restore settings via the menus. This failed - it was reporting a hdd media error
(
So, I telnetted into the box, df -h was also reporting an error:
mount showed that /media/hdd was mounted on /dev/sdb1...
Anyway, the solution was easy once I'd stopped panicking; I rebooted the box. The mounts sorted themselves out automatically, my hdd returned, and I could then restore normally. Phew!
Just in case anyone else sees this problem... keep calm and reboot
Many thanks for everyone who puts in the hard work for these images,
Keith.
I had to do a 'proper' usb flash, as the instructions said. Okay, no problem.
I took a settings backup first, and re-flashed off the USB. It did its magic and eventually 4.0 started up. This was were the fun started!
It wouldn't let me restore my settings, so I went through all the manual start-up process and tried to restore settings via the menus. This failed - it was reporting a hdd media error
So, I telnetted into the box, df -h was also reporting an error:
df: /media/hdd: Input/output error
mount showed that /media/hdd was mounted on /dev/sdb1...
/dev/sdb1 on /media/hdd type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
which was inconvenient, as there is no /dev/sdb1. The hard disk is /dev/sda1.Anyway, the solution was easy once I'd stopped panicking; I rebooted the box. The mounts sorted themselves out automatically, my hdd returned, and I could then restore normally. Phew!
Just in case anyone else sees this problem... keep calm and reboot
Many thanks for everyone who puts in the hard work for these images,
Keith.