Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Unable to automount NAS shares anymore.

@birdman - we were posting at the same time, so you may have missed my last post.:)
 
@birdman - we were posting at the same time, so you may have missed my last post.:)
I did miss it.
You've changed the server, I changed the client (on my laptop).
Not sure whether we were changing the same thing, but I'm glad you've got it working now.

Perhaps I should force my Samba server to use SMB2.....
 
OK, fresh flash of 5.1.020, no settings or plugins restored - network browser sets up autofs NAS mounts without any issues, using all the default settings.

No need to install cifs-utils, just need to make sure the NAS hasn't changed any defaults!
 
Last edited:
... it doesn't make sense to me from what you'd said earlier.

Code:
root@et10000:~# opkg list-installed | grep cifs
root@et10000:~# which mount.cifs
root@et10000:~#
 
OK, fresh flash of 5.1.020, no settings or plugins restored - network browser sets up autofs NAS mounts without any issues, using all the default settings.

No need to install cifs-utils, just need to make sure the NAS hasn't changed any defaults!

Background 5.1.019 installed via couch flash with a settings restore
5.1.020 installed via a software update with previous settings maintained.
No other files downloaded or installed.

I tried mounting a disk attached to my router via a USB connection.

1st attempt: The network browser found the router and the hard disk attached to it. I selected the disk and attempted to mount it (no user or password) using the default settings but changing Server IP to that of the router, changing the mount type to CIFs share and having to give the Local share and Server share a name. The result was the same error message about not finding the disk.

I removed the mount and rebooted the box.
2nd attempt: the network browser found the router BUT didn’t find the disk attached to it. The browser also found all the other relavant equipment on my network.

I rebooted the box.
3rd attempt: The network browser found the router and the hard disk attached to it. I selected the disk and on mounting it (no user or password) the default settings were different to those on the 1st attempt – I only had to change the mount type to CIFs share. The IP was correct, the local share name was filled in and sensible and the server share name was also filled in whereas the latter two names were blank on the 1st attempt. (the names on my 3rd attempt were different to those I typed in the 1st attempt so hadn’t been remembered in some configuration file).
I can now access the disk from my box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top