Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Conflicting timer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrokenUnusableAccount
  • Start date Start date
B

BrokenUnusableAccount

Guest
Imagine I'm recording one satellite channel and surfing through others with the remote.
I find something unusual and want to record a minute of it so I press record on the remote choose 'Add recording (choose recording duration)' from the menu intending to enter 1 or 2 as the duration but up pops a message "Could not record due to a conflicting timer [name of timer]".

Surely this is wrong? I'm watching the channel right now, there is clearly a free tuner at the moment otherwise I couldn't be watching it.
There are other timers going to start recording in 10+ minutes but surely it shouldn't just assume I want to make a long recording should it?
 
Have you any timers set up using VPS for event detection?
 
Have you any timers set up using VPS for event detection?
I did try VPS yesterday but it didn't seem to work for me on the channel I chose.
However there shouldn't have been any timers with VPS enabled today when I tried to make the 1 minute recording.
I will uninstall the VPS plug-in for now and see if anything similar happens again.
 
A VPS enabled timer will utilise the tuner 10 minutes ahead of recording (adjustable) so it can monitor for the event change (works very well if the channel supports it). But there may be some timer sanity check that checks ahead for a free tuner but I can't replicate it. On the contrary I was able to tell the box to record and it didn't detect a clash (where it should have).
 
Any chance we can get a list of UK channels that are compatible?
 
Any chance we can get a list of UK channels that are compatible?
People are saying it works on UK Freeview, but my vps.xml file contains:

Code:
[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]<?xml version="1.0" ?> [/COLOR]
<pdc_available> 
<channel serviceref="1:0:19:4484:4083:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" has_pdc="0" last_check="1612529388" default_vps="0"></channel> 
<channel serviceref="1:0:2:1B00:104D:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" has_pdc="0" last_check="1612529159" default_vps="0"></channel> 
<channel serviceref="1:0:19:4440:4083:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" has_pdc="0" last_check="1612558141" default_vps="0"></channel> 
</pdc_available>[/FONT]
(that's BBC ONE HD, Radio 4 and BBC TWO HD).
 
I think that maybe you haven't set the "control recording completely by service" parameter in the AutoTimer. That should result in the "default_vps" setting being = 1. There is no PDC in Freesat EIT, so I would hazard a guess that there is no PDC in the Freeview EIT either. VPS seems to work without the PDC being present. I have three different soaps being recorded on my ax61 as a test for the past two weeks now and they are starting exactly on the now/next transition. On my main GB Quad Plus, I have Coronation Street set on an AutoTimer VPS and it is starting exactly on the "sponsored by Argos" ad immediately prior to the programme.
 
I don't think their is an automatic method to check a channel for compatibility on 28e as the flag doesn't seem to be present. It probably going to be a matter of monitoring each channel to see which ones update the event info on event change. Likewise the soaps have been recording here perfectly on ITV. I did set up autotimers to record some one-off movies on BBC and they worked perfectly too. Most of my other viewing is on 30W. But I will have a closer look at other 28e channels to see which ones can be used for VPS recording.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top