Firstly - a MASSIVE thank you to @Rossi2000 for all for the original and great work, and respectfully to the developer of the Yahoo Weather plugin, I believe the issue may be "the way and the timing of when" the plugin checks for weather updates?
So what am I referring? Since the introduction of Yahoo Weather to the Confluence skin, I have noticed some delay of 3 ->5 seconds when bringing up the info2 screen. These delays appear consistently, and are introduced after the box is dormant for about 20 minutes. They are a "niggle" but the "wait" tends to be a bit of a "spoiler" to the end user experience. The behaviour may only be a little "performance issue", however you do not see in your other @Rossi2000 skins - tested YouVix Blue and VixBMC 1080 - on exactly same build, both perfect.
I have proceeded with debug and commented out the weather plugin from the Confluence skin -
<!--panel name="2IBWeather" /--> and for good measure I have also commented out the Weather Panel section in the templates file skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common_Templates.xml. Removing the use of the Weather panel completely resolves the issue.
It appears that the Weather plugin is refreshing the data - perhaps this could be coded for background update, rather than on access?
I am a fan of @Rossi2000's work, and really do appreciate your contributions. Also to anyone that makes a contribution, so same goes to the author of the Yahoo Weather plugin, thanks
So what am I referring? Since the introduction of Yahoo Weather to the Confluence skin, I have noticed some delay of 3 ->5 seconds when bringing up the info2 screen. These delays appear consistently, and are introduced after the box is dormant for about 20 minutes. They are a "niggle" but the "wait" tends to be a bit of a "spoiler" to the end user experience. The behaviour may only be a little "performance issue", however you do not see in your other @Rossi2000 skins - tested YouVix Blue and VixBMC 1080 - on exactly same build, both perfect.
I have proceeded with debug and commented out the weather plugin from the Confluence skin -
<!--panel name="2IBWeather" /--> and for good measure I have also commented out the Weather Panel section in the templates file skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common_Templates.xml. Removing the use of the Weather panel completely resolves the issue.
It appears that the Weather plugin is refreshing the data - perhaps this could be coded for background update, rather than on access?
I am a fan of @Rossi2000's work, and really do appreciate your contributions. Also to anyone that makes a contribution, so same goes to the author of the Yahoo Weather plugin, thanks
