Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Constant freezing up,unsure why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter olly
  • Start date Start date
O

olly

Guest
Been having this issue now for a while,not just on this build but also on a lot of other images going back to Apolo.
I have reflashed from scratch always following the guide off this site,"on setting up a new box from scratch".
I never used to get many issues on the older builds of vix3.Am I doing something wrong,has the way of flashing changed since vix3?

I put mgcamd file /newcam list in keys folder,which is empty prior to adding these files after fresh flash.I use mgcamd 1.35.
Freezing up can happen anytime with the vix logo spinning really slow,and not coming off the screen or responding to remote.

I have similar issue on my gigablue HD, both using usb 2gb usb stick for epg,picon, with swap at startup of 128mb.

Any help appreciated as I have no idea why I keep having these issues on both boxes. Is there more data on these later images my boxes cannot handle perhaps?
 
This maybe related to your mgcamd config file.

Can I suggest you remove v1.35 and reboot box and install 1.38 then use the attached mgcamd config files instead.

View attachment mg_cfg.rar

Just add your N/cws line to newcamd.list after the "CWS="
 
Hi,where is the mgcamd 1.35 folder located to remove it,as it was installed in tmp folder before activating.
Just a normal reboot or gui boot aswell.

Could the usb be causing any issues also?
Cheers for advice,I will try that out,currently away for couple of weeks on hols.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
Also what's different in the mg config file from your one to mine that maybe causing the issue,out of interest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
The mgcamd is located in usr/softcams and the mg-config files go into usr/keys. I had the same issues and it cured mine :thumbsup:
 
You should just be able to remove mgcamd 135 via plugins menu then reboot and install newer 138.

I'm not sure what's in your mg_cfg file but most of the time it's the L: setting (logging) is on and this is better off.

As I said, it may not be answer but no harm in trying.

That mg_cfg file I've used for a long time without issue using mgcamd 138.
 
Also I use a 2gb usb stick and convert it in box to either ext3/4 and use swap at startup with 128mb. Is this the best option for the solo and gigablue 800?

I notice sometimes when I remove the stick that the box usually let's you use it without it getting stuck on vix spinning all the while.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top