Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Control Vu+ over the internet

rikesh

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hello,

I am looking to control a Vu+ Solo (ViX 2.3) over the internet.

When I say control, I mean the menus, filesystem, etc. I need to provide remote support for my parents. I don't particularly need to stream from the box, but that would be an added bonus too.

Many thanks.
 
this can be done, using a variaty of softwares, file zilla, winscp is another, you will most likely need to setup a np=ip addy at the client address, and open ports on there router that are dedicated to the unit in question
 
Hi,
as already said you need th IP of your parents and I assume they change from time to time so you need something like dyndns. After you have the internet address you can also use the web interface over the internet. If you have a smart phone (iPhone or Android) you can even use these to control and check the box.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top