Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Convert ext3 to ext4

filmman

Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
2025
Location
Norfolk
Hello I am trying to convert my external drive from ext3 to ext 4. Using latest 204 image I get error message "Error: umount can't forcibly umount/media/hdd: Device or resource busy". Could this be because my epg.dat is stored there and picons? Also tried this in 153 image.
Regards,
filmman
 
Have you tried to do it whilst timeshift is disabled?

(that is, if your using it)
 
Found swapfile was on so turned it off and error message did not appear. How can you check if the drive has been changed from ext3 to ext4?
Thank you
filmman
 
That's what I've been trying to find for a while, but the conversion process might show up as a task on the blue button?

tried hdparms
df
looked at the fstab.....

Nothing!!

Hopefully someone knows a handy command to check.
 
If you look in mount manager it tells you what the various devices are formated in
 
Zola25: Thanks!!!

I'm an idiot!!!! :smash: talk about try to do everything the hard way!!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top