Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Cool TV Guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alias1
  • Start date Start date
cool TV guide has not worked properly in ViX for some time now, and if i'm not mistaken which i might be so dont quote me on this, but as far as i am aware cool TV is closed source and therefore we cant do any thing unless the author steps in and works a few fixes. but we do still appreciate the crash logs and will see what we can do,
 
I think I have the same problem:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/plugin.py", line 1832, in CoolInfo
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/plugin.py", line 1298, in OpenGuideSelect
ImportError: cannot import name SimpleServicelist

As stated by the author of cool tv, he will not be able to fix is, because SimpleServiceList is part of the E2 core and seems to be missing in VIX...
Is there any hope for a fix?
 
If his unprepared to fix his plugin than I am afraid not.

Have you considered the VIX EPG as IMHO it is better than CoolTV.
 
Yes, I considered this, but I read somewhere else here that switching back involves a reinstallation of vix.
As my system is running very good right now except the epg probelm, I'm quite afraid of doing this at the moment.
 
What image are you in?

Go Blue button>VIX and if there is a backup manager than just back your settings up and it will reinstall on the new flash. The only issues is when you go from 2.2 to 2.3 than no plugins will be reinsatlled.
 
Thats even easier, in addition to backing up your settings you can backup the whole image as well just in case anything goes belly up - very unlikely but plan for the worst that way never surprised.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top