Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Couch flash Mutant HD51

Willmoore

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2015
Messages
848
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Stafford
It appears that couch flash is not available for this receiver - is there a reason why not ?
I want to roll back from 018 to 016 but will have to do a usb flash - not the end of the world I grant you but a real PITA to get to the rear of my box. No couch flash will make me reluctant to update in the first instance and will have to wait to make sure there are no issues.
 
I'm pretty sure the same thing applies to the Solo4K, not that that is of any help.

Maybe a short usb extension cable will get round future access problems? (Assuming the flash will still work ok, of course.)
 
Last edited:
Yes, 1 at the front, 2 at the back.:)
 
Does it not have a front USB port?
Yes but I have always thought it best to use the rear port. Also all other usb sticks removed was advised and as I have one in the rear for epg/picons I need to get at that.
Is there a reason for no couch flash for this receiver ?
 
Couch flashing has nothing to do with USB ports. The front USB port is perfect for flashing this receiver. I have tested preliminary couch flash software so it is technically possible. Few wrinkles to be sorted out. Wait and it will come...
 
What about it? Are you saying you can't use the front port? I've exclusively used the front port. I have a USB wifi dongle in one of the rear ports.
 
I've read on here many times that when flashing make sure no other sticks are in the box. As i have one in the rear that is used for picons/epg I was under the impression it should be removed first.
No matter as i have removed it and re flashed backed to 016.
 
It appears that couch flash is not available for this receiver - is there a reason why not ?
I want to roll back from 018 to 016 but will have to do a usb flash - not the end of the world I grant you but a real PITA to get to the rear of my box. No couch flash will make me reluctant to update in the first instance and will have to wait to make sure there are no issues.
Could one of the Dev's answer my question in this post please.
 
Sorry Abu, there is absolutely no connection between the Vu+ and the Mutant hd51.
It is perfectly simple to couch flash the HD51 without overwriting the current live image.... Andy,s take on the Vu+ 4K is not relevent to this post
 
Last edited:
Please post what is relevant. I saw your post (with attachment) dated 13-11-16, 10:33

Thanks.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top