Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Crash scanning tuners

MrKappa

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Italy
Today I have tried to scan in automatic for new channels on tuner C "Novastick Hauppage" selecting to not remove previous channels, as usual. Then I got enigma crash.
I have repeated including also the satellite tuners but with still crashing. I have first tried to change the skin just in case but it happened also with default vix skin.
I guess something to do with settings due to IndexError: list index out of range on the log. Please, do you have any advice?

See below the final part of the crash log:

[MORPHEUS] key
action -> OkCancelActions cancel
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
action -> OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
nim 0 provides [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5)]
known: []
(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5) not in []
nim 1 provides [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5), (192, '02 Astra 19.2E', 5)]
known: [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5)]
(192, '02 Astra 19.2E', 5) not in [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5)]
nim 2 provides ['DVB-T']
known: [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5), (192, '02 Astra 19.2E', 5)]
DVB-T not in [(130, '01 Hot Bird 13.0E', 5), (192, '02 Astra 19.2E', 5)]
warning, skin is missing element header in <class 'Screens.ScanSetup.ScanSimple'>
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
action -> SetupActions right
unknown action SetupActions/right! typo in keymap?
action -> SetupActions right
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
action -> SetupActions right
unknown action SetupActions/right! typo in keymap?
action -> SetupActions right
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
[MORPHEUS] key
[EPGC] schedule finished(1330112867)
[MORPHEUS] serviceref 1:0:1:2141:3070:13E:820000:0:0:0:
[MORPHEUS] no Radio
[MORPHEUS] no Audio Mediaplay
[MORPHEUS] not paused
[MORPHEUS] nokey since 1 sec
[MORPHEUS] key
action -> SetupActions ok
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 973, in keyGo
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 1027, in buildTransponderList
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 1027, in buildTransponderList
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 1004, in buildTransponderList
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/NimManager.py", line 618, in getTerrestrialDescription
IndexError: list index out of range
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x1fa3df0>>,('SetupActions', 'ok')) failed)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>
 
Last edited:
You need to post the whole log otherwise it is not clear what version, build, etc, you are using.
 
Yes, I'm using last VIX currently. Maybe it's a matter of some external plugins installed manually (one is "DirettaGoal" plugin) I remember that I can use it previously on PLI but possibly there is some incompatibility with VIX. I will check without them first. Thank you
 
Now I have removed the "suspected" plugins but I still have crash on automatic channel search. Please, this is my complete crash log here attached.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
 

Attachments

Hello', I have tried to replace the channel settings but still I got a crash when I start automatic channel search from any tuner.
Using the defauls VIX skin (day). What do you recommend for this "IndexError: list index out of range"? Maybe EPG related?
If no suggestion I will try to reinstall the image again.
 
Today I could test again and now I notice that enigma reboot ONLY if I search for new channels on Nova USB stick terrestrial tuner. If I do for satellite or for a single channel on terrestrial I have no issue.
Again if I search for all channels I get the same "IndexError: list index out of range".
In addition I have deleted almost all channels from dvb-t using a setting editor and saved back into the box but no change.
What does it mean this "index error" then???

Hope you can help!
 
I have reinstalled VIX image from zero and have immediately downloaded and installed the Nova T drivers. Then without any plugin or anything can be not compatible I tried the scanning only on dvb-t tuner and the box crashed immediately.
I see another thread here about the same usb tuner on VU+ and basically I see the problem should be the same:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...or-Nova-T-driver-for-VIX-2-3-GM-kernel-2-6-18
Please, do you have any suggestion like kernel downgrade?
Why if I search for a software update on VIX image I always get "no upgrade available"? Is it normal?
Thank you in advance
 
Unfortunately I got no reply but reading other posts I understand that very few usb tuners are supported and Nova T seems to be one of unsupported tuners.
If no solution for the moment perhaps I should use another image for my ET9000. Thanks anyway.

PS: if you need any help for testing purpose of course I can be available. For my understanding tuners which are supported on OpenPLI should work well also on VIX but perhaps there is some customization or difference which cause this crash and for me is not possible to search channels on this tuner.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I got no reply but reading other posts I understand that very few usb tuners are supported and Nova T seems to be one of unsupported tuners.
WinTV Nova T works fine. I've used one for more than a year on the Duo and now the Ultimo with no issues. Works fine on the Duo and Ultimo under Kernal 3.1.1.

You need to start again and flash from scratch. Most likely thing is you are restoring something by accident. Save any back-ups from your receiver to a PC and then delete them from the receiver before you do the flash.

Latest build is 204 so if your receiver is already using that it won't show any updates. If there were updates available the update icon on the infobar would be flashing.
 
Many thanks. Interesting advices. I will try as you suggest.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top