Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF4008] Crashes everyday

skippie

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Messages
450
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
68
I keeping getting crashes everyday, just by watching TV, doing nothing, the spinning wheel appears and keeps going.
Hard reboot is the only way to revive the Octagon.

It looks like it got something to do with recordings, as it started crashing when a recording started in the background.

I got 1 internal HDD 1 TB and 1 external HDD 2TB.
Both worked perfectly without problems untill lately.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
no, it happens when recordings are on and watching any channel, suddenly the spinner pops up and never stops
 
no, it happens when recordings are on and watching any channel, suddenly the spinner pops up and never stops
This is not a crash... it is an endless spinner.

What plugins etc do you have loaded.
 
The same plugins as always with no crashes before :

EPG Translator
EPG Importer
CrossEPG which I don't use
YouTube Trailer
Media scanner
Openwebif
Picture Player

got a dual DVB-S tuner and in slot 2 I got a DVB-C/T tuner
 
Switch off Cross and EPG importer and see if it still happens.
 
don't have Cross EPG on, and switched off EPGImport now, but I don't see why this would be the problem suddenly as it worked perfectly before. Something has changed in the new versions, I didn't have the spinning wheel problem before. Nothing changed in my settings.
 
Installed 5.0.016 last night and so far no crashes, no spinner.
 
UPDATE: recording started in background and still no crash/spinner, so it must be a problem with the latest versions.
 
There was a driver update in 5.0.023, does 021 work ok?

I'd be surprised if this is the cause, as nobody else seems to be having problems.
 
so far 16 works perfect, no crashes, not a single spinner I've seen since 10am
 
UPDATE : after a whole day trying, I can say I fixed the problem by installing 5.0.016. So something in the last versions is making the Octagon crash and showing the spinner regulary.
 
Last edited:
You should take an image backup then flash #21 and see how that goes.
Between 16 and 21 there was a large driver update and between 21 and 23 another driver update.
Having said that haven't seen any other similar reports:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top