Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Crashing when zapping through IPTV channels

Not right now M8 as I'm onto the Ultimo4k. I can say that using the same 5.1.007 build on the Ultimo4k as on the Duo2, the problem does not manifest, so it looks like it's Duo2 (or maybe Vu+ V2 boxes) specific. I have tried the same IPTV list on an unsupported receiver running ViX and it's also good on that.
 
Did you get the issue resolved? I am having exactly same issue on my duo2 with image 5.1.018. Box just crashes at will on IPTV channel zapping...
 
Did you get the issue resolved? I am having exactly same issue on my duo2 with image 5.1.018. Box just crashes at will on IPTV channel zapping...
Debug logs would be helpful :)

The log, as posted in post #18, is fatal signal. I've seen this error, albeit rarely (at least for me), on other boxes including my Solo2.

This, for me, happened even before I started using IPTV so I don't believe it's IPTV issue. I don't think this error is limited to duo2 neither.

Is this same error you're getting?
 
Still get occasional crashes, less so since changing to an Ultimo4K. I don't have any logs but from memory it's a fatal signal related to libc.so.6
 
For search/references purposes
Code:
<260105.323> [eDVBServicePlay] cutfile not found!
<260105.323> [eDVBServicePlay] no cue sheet
<260105.324> Traceback (most recent call last):
<260105.324>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Navigation.py", line 89, in dispatchEvent
<260105.324>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/PerServiceDisplay.py", line 17, in event
<260105.324>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Sources/CurrentService.py", line 26, in serviceEvent
<260105.324>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Element.py", line 86, in changed
<260105.325>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/RedirectOutput.py", line 7, in write
<260105.325> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'args' referenced before assignment
<260105.325> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Navigation.dispatchEvent of <Navigation.Navigation instance at 0x9114f9b8>>,(10,)) failed)
 
Debug logs would be helpful :)

The log, as posted in post #18, is fatal signal. I've seen this error, albeit rarely (at least for me), on other boxes including my Solo2.

This, for me, happened even before I started using IPTV so I don't believe it's IPTV issue. I don't think this error is limited to duo2 neither.

Is this same error you're getting?

Thanks for your response.

I have never had channel zapping crash until last week and I have been using IPTV for about 4 years now.

I had the fatal signal in the log too, posting below for any eagle-eyed person that can help debug the log. (Please note that any IPTV connection details in the log are just dummy data)

Cheers
 

Attachments

Thanks for your response.

I have never had channel zapping crash until last week and I have been using IPTV for about 4 years now.

I had the fatal signal in the log too, posting below for any eagle-eyed person that can help debug the log. (Please note that any IPTV connection details in the log are just dummy data)

Cheers
Just looks like fatal signal that I and others have had. I personally don't worry about it because it's rare for me. I don't think anyone has ever come up with reason for it or how to solve the issue (that I know of).

How often does it happen for you?

Has anything changed since last week when it started happening like install/remove plugin or image update?
 
Had a crash tonight that looks like it's ExtEPlayer3 related. I've trimmed the log and obfuscated the IPTV addresses
Totally different issue - you should open a new thread.
And ExtEPlayer3 (presumably) seems to be logging to syslog, rather than just printing to stderr. So it's filling up the system log (it's also far too verbose).
 
Just looks like fatal signal that I and others have had. I personally don't worry about it because it's rare for me. I don't think anyone has ever come up with reason for it or how to solve the issue (that I know of).

How often does it happen for you?

Has anything changed since last week when it started happening like install/remove plugin or image update?

Nothing has changed really and it happens all the time, I can reproduce it.

And I wouldn't have worried about it too but just that it crashes the box and cause a restart. I have a SoloSE with the same setup as the duo2 and never had a reboot on that. I will go for clean flash and see if the issue get resolved.

Edit: The SoloSE I haven't updated in a while and still on 5.0.020 (About June 2017 image)

Cheers
 
Last edited:
I have VU+ZERO4K running latest openvix 5.1.019 and i have the same problem while zapping using the channel changer on the remote. for what i can read on this threat its an old known error but not solition just yet :(
 
mines doing the same i have Xtrend ET8500 was running openvix ver 5.1.016 you can flip iptv channels then crash.....so gone back to 5.0.016 as thats whats on another box to try

seems to only crash when in the bouquets as you can channel change fine in XC plugin
 
I'm on .18 and not yet had this fatal error. As I've said the fatal signal error, has occurred on really old versions in past even before I started using IPTV.

It does, for me anyhow, appear totally random.
 
I was updating my IPTV bouquets today and whilst I had a steam playing, I did an init 4 in preparation for uploading a new bouquet and I got the fatal signal crash. This leads me to believe the fatal signal is when leaving a stream rather than when going to a stream - maybe that will help someone that's smarter than me to fix the problem :)
 
adding more info on this threat to see if we get to the bottom of this problem. while zapping my iptv folder created by telnet using putty command the IPTV channels does not crach, this folder does not have any epg assignment, they only crash on the bouquet created by xtream editor if the EPG are present. also tested the bouquet created by xtream editor wihtout epg and it does not crach, is then when imported the epg when it crashes. SO I CAN CONFIRM THE PROBLEM IS DUE TO THE EPG assignment.
 
The problem seems to have been fixed for me from build 25, not had a crash since then.
 
The problem seems to have been fixed for me from build 25, not had a crash since then.
It's intermittent I believe and rare at that.

I'm still on .18 and not had crash at all whether switching from/to an IPTV channel on a IPTV bouquet or not. I've had this happen previously on normal DVB channels.

It's hard to re-produce reliably which makes it all that harder to actually get to the bottom of it.
 
ok i have the solution for me using openvix on vu+zero 4k, the problem happens only while using DVB (1) with EPG. i had to change the stream type. i used the system plugging SERVICEAPP and im using exteplayer3 and all IPTV stream works fine and while changing channel it does not crash. hope this can help anybody having the same issue.
 
I use Gstreamer, type 4097, rather than 5001/5002 (as used by ServiceApp/Exteplayer3).

Last time I looked into 5001/5002, I'm sure I couldn't record (not even manual record) these streams but was fine on 4097.

Using type 1 for IPTV, for most I assume, means a lot of glitching as other service types are more suited for IPTV and other streams.
 
Thanks for this advise bbbuk, on my serviceapp gstreamer is not install only exteplayer, do you know how to add gstreamer to serviceapp?? any help will be much appresiated!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top