Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

cron manager / swap file / oscam

tagteam3283

New member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Location
Liverpool
three questions if i may chaps:

Can someone explain what the Cron Manager & Swap File options are for in the VIX menu please and if possible how to create a swap file. I already have a 1GB USB mounted with picons and image backup.

Also, i use CCCam ATM, would there be any reason to swap to Oscam. What is theer difference between the two?

Cheers
 
Swap file creates virtual ram for the box, go into setup and create amount and activate, only worth doing if box is sluggish.
Cron not sure but might be to run batch jobs you create.
Oscam move only benefit is picktv will clear
 
cheers for the reply stan

are you saying that if i use the "create swapfile" functionit will create the settings then stire them on the USB ounted 1GB stick? I tried this last time and the dou green-screened upon reboot and kept cycling so had to reinstall the backup image.

whats "picktv"? is that a sat package? FTA?
 
cheers for the reply stan

are you saying that if i use the "create swapfile" functionit will create the settings then stire them on the USB ounted 1GB stick? I tried this last time and the dou green-screened upon reboot and kept cycling so had to reinstall the backup image.

whats "picktv"? is that a sat package? FTA?

pick tv is the channel that used to be called sky 3, it will not open at all with CCcam you need oscam for this channel.
 
cheers for the reply stan

are you saying that if i use the "create swapfile" functionit will create the settings then stire them on the USB ounted 1GB stick? I tried this last time and the dou green-screened upon reboot and kept cycling so had to reinstall the backup image.

whats "picktv"? is that a sat package? FTA?
I would not bother with creatings a swapfile unless you have an issue with lack of ram and in the normal course of things you won't. I am a great believer in doing something only when it is needed.
 
I would not bother with creatings a swapfile unless you have an issue with lack of ram and in the normal course of things you won't. I am a great believer in doing something only when it is needed.
Is there a way to check how much ram is being used or a way to be alerted if ram is getting low?
 
Menu>Information>System Information
 
Thanks for your response, however i don't have 'system'.. only 'about' and 'service' :confused:

I did find a extension called 'cleanupwizard' that is meant to "automatically informs you on low internal memory"

How good is it? is it worth using?
 

Similar threads

A
Replies
14
Views
31K
artman_hacker
A

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top