Hi m8s,
Can't seem to get the cross epg downloader to work. It seems to be stuck on "Starting downloader" and then disappears.
I had set it up on ViX2.2 and used to work fine. How do I set it up for ViX2.3?
Btw, when I go to Menu>>Setup>>System>>EPG, I see "Setings", "Load/Save", "CrossEPG" and "XMLTV-Importer"
Question 1 : What's the difference between CrossEPG and XMLTV-Importer ? I presume these are two different plugins that can do the same thing? Which is better?
Question 2 : If I want to use CrossEPG, I see many different providers. What are these providers, are they all different sources of same EPG information? Which provider should I use for Sly UK channels? I tried using XMLTV Provider (Rytec's providers) and OpenTV providers on Astra 28.2 and tried "Download Now" as well as "Scheduled Download" but it gets stuck at "Starting Downloader" which disappears quickly and the EPG doesn't updated. I had exactly the same settings on Vix2.2 and it used to work. What am I doing wrong?

Can't seem to get the cross epg downloader to work. It seems to be stuck on "Starting downloader" and then disappears.
I had set it up on ViX2.2 and used to work fine. How do I set it up for ViX2.3?
Btw, when I go to Menu>>Setup>>System>>EPG, I see "Setings", "Load/Save", "CrossEPG" and "XMLTV-Importer"
Question 1 : What's the difference between CrossEPG and XMLTV-Importer ? I presume these are two different plugins that can do the same thing? Which is better?
Question 2 : If I want to use CrossEPG, I see many different providers. What are these providers, are they all different sources of same EPG information? Which provider should I use for Sly UK channels? I tried using XMLTV Provider (Rytec's providers) and OpenTV providers on Astra 28.2 and tried "Download Now" as well as "Scheduled Download" but it gets stuck at "Starting Downloader" which disappears quickly and the EPG doesn't updated. I had exactly the same settings on Vix2.2 and it used to work. What am I doing wrong?

