Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Crossepg failing on VU DUO

krainey4

New member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I hope somebody has an answer for this:

I have / had the Apollo 29 build on my box (VU DUO) and ever since about Apollo 14 - my box is getting stuck downloading the EPG on schedule - I literally have to switch the box off and on to get it back, sometimes the box goes into a bootloop and again I have to power this off and on to get it working again

All builds have a fresh copy of Apollo no restores and epg.dat files deleted before build

Can anybody help as this is driving me nuts - I have disabled the HDD from going into standby thinking it was having an issue bringing the box out of standby - but still had frozen locked up issue the next morning - thanks
 
Where are you saving the EPG to ? And have you tried using a USB flash drive instead.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
I advise setting up a swapfile on the old VU+ Duo receivers to solve this and similar problems.

You will find that phoenix has posted before that he has never needed to set up a swap file on a VU+ Duo. Please ignore that advice, and set up a swap file on your hard drive, and I think your EPG problems will be solved.
 
I advise setting up a swapfile on the old VU+ Duo receivers to solve this and similar problems.

You will find that phoenix has posted before that he has never needed to set up a swap file on a VU+ Duo. Please ignore that advice, and set up a swap file on your hard drive, and I think your EPG problems will be solved.
Indeed I have never needed a swap file on either of the two duo's I had nor do their current owners (both family members). So take my advice any way you like after all what do I know ?. Other than the fact that I used a Vu+ Duo as my main family receiver and test receiver for over a year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
had a swap file - no fix
used cache flush - no fix
Went back to Apollo 001 and issues appear to be gone for the moment tomorrow morning will be the real proof
 
If it happens again do not power off the box at the back - you may do more harm than good. Telnet into the box and stop enigma 2 (init 4) and then start it again (init 3).

And a swap file is not needed on the duo either.
 
yes epg acting funny also on my boxes:mad:
 

Attachments

  • epg issue.webp
    epg issue.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi

Im a complete newbie on this forum, so sorry if how i explain this doesnt make much sense!!

I have a vu duo, version apollo, build 025 with the blueHD v3.1 skin setup.

For some reason though, i cannot get the cross epg to work since i have had this update. Any ideas on what i need to do? I have added a picture to show my issue.

Cheers for any help.

image.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top