Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

CUTTING THE POWER OVERNIGHT TO ALL DEVICES INCLUDING A ZGEMMA H2S - WILL IT DO HARM

bmitie

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
447
Reaction score
15
Points
18
As per title I did a zgemma h2s for a friend and now they have come back to say they cut the power to eve4ything every night. I advised against it but wondered does anyone else do the same.
 
perhaps manually put into deep standby first not just cut power to device but hopefully someone can explain device power use in deep standbye virtually nothing.
 
All my boxes are in deep standby overnight and when not in active use. Most receivers use 12 to 25 watts when in use, depending on disk type, number of tuners etc. When in standby the power usage drops a bit - maybe back to 10 - 15 watts. In deep standby the usage is 1 watt or lower.
 
Nothing wrong with cutting the power after putting the receiver in deep sleep. The problem occurs when people just cut the power.

"Normal" Standby just switches off the display. Tuner not being used obviously reduces power, but it is still running. Deep standby actually shuts it down. Power timers will automate the process.

You wouldn't cut power to your PC without shutting it down! Same applies to Enigma2 receivers.
 
I want to use deep standby for a few months and track power usage but as I have never used it what should I be aware of? Will it record as per normal and remain in deep standby? Or must I set up power timers to turn box on and off?

Any guidance gratefully accepted.
 
Set the recording normally. Once the box is in deep it will wake up a few minutes beforehand and start the recording. While recording it will stay in normal standby. Once the recording is completed it will return to deep.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top