N
nikdegreek
Guest
c850 ??? is this repairable have you any ideas can it still be replaced? or am i reallly screwed!
Yes, great thread. I have been away from home for three months but left the Duo on recording programmes. The wife followed me away a month later. Came home yesterday.... Red light of death! Went to pull the Duo out of the shelf and noted glass table coasters over the top vent.... I've been using 2.3 on my 3 year old machine with just the odd crash as expected. My first thought before I started reading was that my internal 2Tb drive was full and that was the problem. Anyway, I guess I'll just do the cap. Cursing because I am in NZ having just returned from London and several visits to Maplin! Any Kiwis know where to get a new capacitor? Should I flash the latest Boot and version of Vix after this?
I think the only thing you need is a 25watt soldering iron as a 15watt might be a little underpowered, some good quality solder a pair of small wire cutters and a steady hand
but if you are not feeling confident enough a TV repair shop should do it for you for about £20
Hi all,
My vu packed in as same in thread but I have a question.
Will the fan still power I when c807 has blown as I have replaced this and still nothing. Does this mean its the power supply?
Thanks
Hunty
Also noticed this mark on top of U801 - looks like the casing of the chip has burnt?