Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Dead Vu+Duo repair guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter ford
  • Start date Start date
ok here you go mate.
thanks
 

Attachments

  • vu+du switch.webp
    vu+du switch.webp
    46 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160126_072548.webp
    20160126_072548.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20160126_072510.webp
    20160126_072510.webp
    74 KB · Views: 67
forgot to ask how do I bypass the switch and why is there 4 wires.
thanks
 
madbriuk The switch pictured is a double pole single throw switch, just test it with a multimeter, right pair open / short on toggle, ditto for the left pair.
I doubt it's the switch though.
 
there are 4 wires as it switches bolth the positive and the negative
 
hi lads I got it working the lcd display was faulty so couldent see anything but when I went on any channel it stayed on that channels and wouldn't move, Everything worked till I put a channel on, I tested every image I could get my hands on it it still did the same so there must still be a problem, maybe with the mother board, Anyway I had enough with the thing I couldn't sell it on the net like that so I give it away to some old chap round the corner.
Thanks
 
What a hell.
One of my DUOs suddenly dead both for capacitor and the regulator.
Successfully replaced both and the DUO worked for a day.
Than the capacitor blew again.
Replaced it.
Duo started, tuned and after a minute dead again.

I think I'm gonna give up.


Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
going by your thread on the other forum, you have a cloned receiver.

anyway, they are old. so no point buying them.
 
yes it was but loads are having prob with gen ones? I didn't know mine was a clone till I wanted help with it, I got ripped off?
 
I had an et9000 but lasted 4 years then blow up now I have an et9500 all good for now
 
Hi, I have a Duo that when I changed the C807 cap cured my problem.
I have been given two more Duos now to cure the same problem. I have changed 3 caps and a reg on one which now works.
I did the same on the other but no matter what image I use it works but after a while starts a restarting loop. Just wondering if anyone has changed mor caps around the board that may cure it?

Thanks.
Regards,
Jules.
 
hi loved the fix but when opened the box my capacitor c807 was different to the ones on your image as photo shows will this be the same problem with red dot fix put tester on and right voltage coming out but switch on and of till starting comes on do you think I should change capacitor for similar or put one on your photo onvu duo c807 003.webpvu duo c807 001.webp help please
 
@geordie

That is VU+'s factory fix for the capacitor problem on earlier duo boxes, so I'm guessing it didn't fix the problem. They may have modified other parts of the circuit so I would not go putting standard electrolytic capacitors back in, could go BOOM!

As a matter of interest, what does your power board look like? You might have faulty capacitors on there causing the issue.
 
Last edited:
Hi, hoping someone can answer this pretty easily, is the C807 burnt on this picture, I won't be repairing this myself but would like to be able to tell someone exactly what needs changing.

Thanks in advance

image.webp[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
 
Hi, hoping someone can answer this pretty easily, is the C807 burnt on this picture, I won't be repairing this myself but would like to be able to tell someone exactly what needs changing.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 48461[STRIKE][/STRIKE]

No that's just flux, nothing to worry about. Your box has the vu factory modification already done to it, so you may have a different issue.
 
Well my box has been playing up for a month starting with not responding to the remote to bring it out of deep standby. i started using the switch at the back which would get the box to boot after flicking it on and off a few times and eventually tat stopped working.
grabbed a capacitor from maplin and some silver solder, i happened to buy a soldering iron about a month ago and have done one job 2 tiny wires to a circuit board.
This job i clipped the existing capacitor off which didnt leave much off the old legs i soldered one leg and my daughter whos hand is way more steadier then mine did the second and hey presto box is up n running again pleased as punch.
 
Hi everyone, not posted for a very long time.

Just to say thanks for this thread, fix my 5 year old Vu+DUO by replacing cap C848.

I had already replaced cap C807 about 2 years ago.

The problem I had this time channels were appearing "grey" in the channel list after a scan and there were only about 300 where I would get 600+. Selecting the channel I would get "Tune Failed". Tried changing images, satellite.xml, tuner configurations, some else's sat dish etc. nothing worked.

After replacing C848 with a 1500uF 10v @ 105C did another scan now up to 700 channels and my SNR has increased from about 45 to 70.

Thanks again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top