Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Deleted items / Trash can ?

for items I want to keep permanent I just make a new directory and put them there.In my trashcan I never have anything because when deleting they go in verwijderde items and stay there :)
 
If you don’t really want to delete stuff or are not sure, perhaps create a pre-Trash storage folder or similar to reduce clutter and then move recordings to trash later.

HB
 
...or just implement a no-clear option (0) in Trash and the OP gets his wish of retaining items indefinitely until he decides to go for permanent deletion. No-one has to change their existing delete interval settings unless they want to keep their items permanently! No messing about with intermediate folders and moving stuff about. Just a thought. I'm back on my preferred 7 day retention cycle ;)
 
Well, I just use the Trash as temporary storage for 7 days, then it's gone. But, it might be useful for some users to have an option to keep for longer than 31 days if that's the way they like to organise their files. Personally, I use a 1TB main drive on the receiver and I archive mostly music programmes to my NAS. Over the past 10 years I don't think I've ever used more than 60% storage of 1TB on my main receiver even when I had dedicated folders for various programme genres prior to the "collections" option being introduced.
Thanks Joe_90 for going into bat on this one ! 🙏

Your thoughts are mine exactly and years ago I stumbled on the remark that '0' would leave us permanent trash storage, but alas how wrong I was and being a novice not game to query really.

Our reason is that we have four E2 boxes in use in different areas and I use gigabit networking to access the other devices from either a DUO4KSE or mainly our Zgemma H7S.

When I recurse the root folder of the main DUO4KSE (with a host of files from its schedules) the 'read time' can be lengthy on the first attempt, so I just like to hop in and edit the root folders down to say fifty files for speedy access and hope to find the content in the Trash if I've trodden on someone's favourite ABC Rage or documentary.

I really like the new suggestions and if I can get a single button delete (red button style) macro to a temp folder of my choice, that would be good, or as Joe_90 says '0' means no movement in the trash, what's there stays there!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top