Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Dreambox Edit error

nexstar

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
6
I've got a VU+ Ultimo running Vix and ABM. I've been having a problem recently in downloading the bouquets using Drembox Edit as it fails at or near the end of the download. This is the final part of the log with the error:

Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 ** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/autobouquet.sat_freesat.separator.tv" **
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Starting FTP transfer
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Transfer complete.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Transfer complete
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /etc/enigma2/autobouquet.sat_freesat.separator.tv (47070 bytes).
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 ** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/bouquets.radio" **
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Starting FTP transfer
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Transfer complete.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Transfer complete
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /etc/enigma2/bouquets.radio (376 bytes).
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 ** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/" **
Error 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Error retrieving file "" from the Dreambox.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Disconnecting.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Goodbye.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Disconnected.
Info 2014-07-24 17:36:00 Goodbye.
It looks like it is trying to receive a nul filename for some reason but I don't know where the list of files is coming from. I end up with no files listed in Dreambox Edit but the files do get stored locally so I can load them locally and upload them ok to the Ultimo but I still get the same error when I try to download them again.

Any suggestions on how to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

Graham
 
If you are using an old version of Dreamboxedit try the latest v6.0.0.1 version.
 
Do you have a bouquets.radio file on the receiver? Is there anything in it? (Notepad++ to look - should list all your radio bouquets))
Should look something like:

#NAME User - bouquets (Radio)
#SERVICE 1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.radio_deutsch.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE 1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe04.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE 1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe05.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE 1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
 
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I've tried an older version and later version of DBE with the same result. I've checked and I do have the bouquets.radio file and it contains:

#NAME User - bouquets (Radio)
#SERVICE: 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "autobouquet.sat_sky_england.main.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE: 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "autobouquet.sat_freesat.main.radio" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE: 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.radio" ORDER BY bouquet

I then loaded in the bouquets from the local directory and I noticed that after the radio section I have another "Providers" section which has one empty bouquet called 'empty'. I deleted this and then uploaded the files to the receiver. I then downloaded them again and it went fine with no errors :) . I see that the empty bouquet is automatically re-created but I now don't have a problem downloading from the receiver with that empty bouquet. I don't know if that was the problem or if something else got resloved after updating overnight. Either way, it seems ok now so thanks again for the input.

Graham
 
Hmmm...I spoke too soon. I got the same error again today. So I loaded the files loacally without any editing and then uploaded them to the box. On doing a fast FTP download it is now ok. ABM gets updated overnight so I suspect it won't work again tomorrow. It's not a major issue but i just wonered if there was some way of repopulating the relevant data short of a fresh install.

Graham
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top