Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Ultra] Dreamplex doesnt connect to Plex anymore..

You could try this.

FTP to /etc/enigma2

Grab the settings file.

Delete all entried to dreamplex and re-upload the file.

OK, tried this 3 times and gave up....bizarre behaviour.

1st time
uninstall dreamplex plugin
followed your instructions and deleted the 24 entries of dreamplex in the settings file
restarted the GUI
opened the settings file only to see the dreamplex entries still in there

2nd time
same as above - once I deleted the lines from settings
I then opened the settings file to confirm that they were gone and they were GONE
restarted the box (not Gui)
opened the settings file only to see the entries there again.

3rd try
same as no 2 just to ensure that i had done it right
same result.
 
The settings are kept in RAM and written back on shutdown/restart.

Put enigma to sleep with "init 4" command first. Then do your FTP/editing.
 
The settings are kept in RAM and written back on shutdown/restart.

Put enigma to sleep with "init 4" command first. Then do your FTP/editing.

thanks, that did the trick.

Tried to setup dreamplex once the settings file had been cleared.

same issue - what worked with the previous < 3.x setup no longer works for me on 3 boxes.

I did do a discover of the server and authentication is set to local user, using my plex username and password to authenticate.
Token was successfully created however the directory structure is not being displayed.
 
Any pointers anyone - would like to give this another go tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi, that seems to be, everything works. I am on the latest image on Duo2... No issues. It works as always (before the upgrade).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good to know - doesn't work on any of my receivers. Stopped working since the upgrade to 4 as per my original post.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
so - when I have problems like this - what I do is use something like TCPTrace.exe (google pocketsoap tcptrace.exe). Run this on a machine, and connect the client to the machine/port running TCP trace which passes through to the end point (in this case your plex server).

You'll then need to try and connect and go through the trace logs to identify where there might be an issue (e.g. HTTP error responses for example).
If you connect via https to your plex server this becomes a whole lot more difficult.

Seems no one else has issues so it must be something related to your setup, so you might have to do some of the investigation yourself and post the results.
Also you might not want to post all of the tcptrace.exe output as it might reveal things you don't want shared in a public forum.

(could also user wireshark if you know what you're doing!)
 
Last edited:
so - when I have problems like this - what I do is use something like TCPTrace.exe (google pocketsoap tcptrace.exe). Run this on a machine, and connect the client to the machine/port running TCP trace which passes through to the end point (in this case your plex server).

You'll then need to try and connect and go through the trace logs to identify where there might be an issue (e.g. HTTP error responses for example).
If you connect via https to your plex server this becomes a whole lot more difficult.

Seems no one else has issues so it must be something related to your setup, so you might have to do some of the investigation yourself and post the results.
Also you might not want to post all of the tcptrace.exe output as it might reveal things you don't want shared in a public forum.

(could also user wireshark if you know what you're doing!)

Thanks for the response.

yes, do connect to the plex server securely - so it's encrypted.

I do appreciate that the onus is on me to do the troubleshooting and hence why appreciate your pointers to troubleshoot - because I am not sure what to look at and where to start.

The fact for the record is that I had 3 receivers - 2 local and 1 remote perfectly connecting to my Plex server and since the upgrade to Openvix v4.X all 3 have been impacted with the same identical issue. All other Plex clients (iphone / ipad / PHT / Laptops are still connecting fine - it's just dreamplex) - Had it been my setup then I would have expected it NOT to work previously either - which is not the case.

It is frustrating that an upgrade to a new openvix train of software has effectively broken the dreamplex part of my setup on 3 receivers.
 
Well I have read and read again all posts above and spent 6 hours formating hard drive - installing fresh image again and again and still dreamplex fails. I can connect to my server and list the files etc, but as soon as I press play the box crashes and I have to reboot it. If I go back to an old image (clean install) it works perfect, so has to be something in the new image. Can anyone help please as yes I can go back to MicroBox Premium Micro image OpenViX 3.2 which works fine, but is not supported/upgradable any more.
 
Well I have read and read again all posts above and spent 6 hours formating hard drive - installing fresh image again and again and still dreamplex fails. I can connect to my server and list the files etc, but as soon as I press play the box crashes and I have to reboot it. If I go back to an old image (clean install) it works perfect, so has to be something in the new image. Can anyone help please as yes I can go back to MicroBox Premium Micro image OpenViX 3.2 which works fine, but is not supported/upgradable any more.

Agree with you - definately an issue with the 4.x trian.

despite many efforts I still haven't managed to get it working
 
I like the new image, so for now will do without Dreamplex ( works on others images well ) I'm a supporter of Andy and his team so I'm sure at some point it will work. I have a Roku3 that will do for now.
 
Well I have read and read again all posts above and spent 6 hours formating hard drive - installing fresh image again and again and still dreamplex fails. I can connect to my server and list the files etc, but as soon as I press play the box crashes and I have to reboot it. If I go back to an old image (clean install) it works perfect, so has to be something in the new image. Can anyone help please as yes I can go back to MicroBox Premium Micro image OpenViX 3.2 which works fine, but is not supported/upgradable any more.

if you can repeatedly cause a crash please attach the logs from the crash.
 
if you can repeatedly cause a crash please attach the logs from the crash.

Having formatted the USB hard drive that many times and installed fresh clean image I have no logs. I will today re - install Dreamplex and any crash logs will be sent. Thank you for the reply.
 
Figured out the issue - Dreamplex on 4 does not support secure connections. When I changed the connection options on the server to preferred dreamplex then connected successfully.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top