Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Driver Bug Duo2

lincsat

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
871
Reaction score
19
Points
18
With a Duo2 on ESPN HD on Sky UK only (doesn't happen on VM cable), when the adverts come on, they are displayed as 4:3, this also happens with some bumpers whilst programming and most trailers are OK. Can someone else with a Duo2 check this.

I believe this is a driver bug rather than a ViX bug as it happens with other images as well but is OK on other boxes that I have tried.

It's not a problem currently as it's OK during programming, it just needs checking and advising in case it spreads to programming.
 
What channel - this isn't something I've seen on my duo2?!
 
I don't usually watch ESPN but I saw your post and thought I'd have a look.
It's exactly the same here. I'm using a Solo2.
The baseball being broadcast now is fine but the adverts were displayed as 4:3
 
Hi,
HD transmission is always 16:9. When you see 4:3 (black bars left and right) they are part of the picture. I do not think it is a driver bug. VUs are not able to scale HD to letterbox or pan&scan other stbs might be able to.

ciao
 
Hi,
HD transmission is always 16:9. When you see 4:3 (black bars left and right) they are part of the picture. I do not think it is a driver bug. VUs are not able to scale HD to letterbox or pan&scan other stbs might be able to.

ciao

I've had 2 boxes side by side and the Duo2 switches to 4:3 missing the info on the left and right edges and a Duo stays at full widescreen. I think it's something to do with the switching signal that the box isn't seeing or processing and thinks it's a 4:3 transmission. As I say, it's not a problem while it's adverts oly but if it starts happening with programming, then it it a problem.
 
Hi,
are you sure that HD channel are displaying 4:3? I thought HD is always 16:9.

ciao
 
So, someone reports a bug, someone else confirms it and rather than checking, the ViX team say it's not possible!

Well, here's a photo showing the edges cut off

4-3-crop.webp

And 30 seconds later in regular programming on the same channel with exactly the same settings

16-9-full.webp

You can clearly see that the advert is cropped to 4:3. It does appear in full 16:9 in the Web Interface, so it's just in the display. A Vu+ Duo on the same TV does display the adverts properly, so it's box specific.
 
You can clearly see that the advert is cropped to 4:3. It does appear in full 16:9 in the Web Interface, so it's just in the display. A Vu+ Duo on the same TV does display the adverts properly, so it's box specific.
The web-if displays the same as the video-output to the TV. So it looks like a TV-setting that is misleading you.
You probably have the TV set to aspectratio=auto? What happens if you set it to 'wide'?

Be aware that commercials are (most of the time) sent in the correct AR; when the show itself is in 4:3 the display will switch.
Furthermore: what are the AR settings in you AV settings on the box?
 
The web-if displays the same as the video-output to the TV. So it looks like a TV-setting that is misleading you.
You probably have the TV set to aspectratio=auto? What happens if you set it to 'wide'?

Be aware that commercials are (most of the time) sent in the correct AR; when the show itself is in 4:3 the display will switch.
Furthermore: what are the AR settings in you AV settings on the box?

As stated a Duo displays the adverts correctly as does a Solo. I have not tried a Zero or Solo2. These are all on the same TV with the same cable and the same settings.

The program in 16:9 widescreen and the adverts should be 16:9 widescreen but are displayed cropped on the same box with the same settings. This does not happen on the same channel broadcast by cable (on the same Duo2 and same TV, same settings), only on the Sky UK satellite transmission. It rules out a configuration issue
 
And it rules out a driver issue, but it includes a wrong provider setting. It usually is.
 
Last edited:
Fine, I give up, I will not report any more bugs I find or try to help you out again.

In the meantime, why don't you just try it yourself on a Duo2. It only happens on ESPN HD on Sky UK and no other channels.
 
evenon HD channel I sometimes get 4:3 .Depends on what the original was made.Lots of comedy series are still in 4:3 and even on BBC HD they stay that way.
 
yes but those are few and far between now with the black bars up each side, that definatley is programme fault

lincsat is it every advert thats displaying in 4:3?
 
yes but those are few and far between now with the black bars up each side, that definatley is programme fault

lincsat is it every advert thats displaying in 4:3?

Yes, every advert and some bumpers, it switches back to 16:9 for promo's, trailers and regular programming. The same channel on VM cable on the same box is OK as is the Satellite channel on a Duo and a solo box. I'm going to try the autoresolution feature when I get time to see if that makes a difference (I don't use it on the other boxes though)
 
i will give it a look on my zero later.

could well be a driver issue, the duo has different drivers and kernel, so that could be why its ok on there
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top