Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Driver Bug Duo2

evenon HD channel I sometimes get 4:3 .Depends on what the original was made.Lots of comedy series are still in 4:3 and even on BBC HD they stay that way.
Nope, that is not correct.
An HD signal is always 16:9; the DVB-specs don't allow any other AR.
But of course the contents of the video can have all kinds of AR's. All other contents then 16:9 should show black bars (on top or side).
But: Some providers don't embed the correct AR in the signal. Unfortunately there is no STB (to my knowledge) that can correct these wrong settings.

In the above example you see the same show on DVB-C/T being correct and DVB-S being wrong. Only the provider is to blame for this and only he can correct it.
 
Fine, I give up, I will not report any more bugs I find or try to help you out again.
Please don't react in such a childish way. We do understand the issue you observe, but I don't think you fully understood the answers.
We only try to help you in understanding what is going on.
 
Nope, that is not correct.
An HD signal is always 16:9; the DVB-specs don't allow any other AR.
But of course the contents of the video can have all kinds of AR's. All other contents then 16:9 should show black bars (on top or side).
But: Some providers don't embed the correct AR in the signal. Unfortunately there is no STB (to my knowledge) that can correct these wrong settings.

In the above example you see the same show on DVB-C/T being correct and DVB-S being wrong. Only the provider is to blame for this and only he can correct it.

OK, lets try this then -

2 TV's side by side. Left hand picture is off a Duo2 and the right is off a Solo both tuned to the same channel. First picture is during an advert

compare-advert.webp

second picture during regular programming

compare-prog.webp

You can clearly see that the picture is cropped to 4:3 on the Duo2 but is displayed in full screen on the solo for the adverts and both fullscreen for programming. Both are using the same image with the same settings tuned to the same channel. If I swap TV's, then the Duo2 is still cropped on the other TV whilst the Solo is still fullscreen on the other TV.

It is nothing to do with settings, the TV, the cable or any other local variable. It probably is something being sent by the broadcaster but the Solo (and a Duo) read it correctly whilst the Duo2 (and from what someone else posted the Solo2) read it incorrectly. Therefore I suspect a Driver problem, most likely a display driver.
 
With a Duo2 on ESPN HD on Sky UK only (doesn't happen on VM cable)
This already makes clear it's an issue with the TS (so a faulty setting by the satellite provider).

I checked ESPN HD and changing the AV-setting 'Show >16.9 material as' changes the AR during the adds. When set to 'letterbox' it shows as 3:4, when set to 'pan & scan' it is full screen. This also shows the TS is faulty (as HD should always be 16:9).

But: I can only reproduce this on the DUO2. On my other boxes, including the Ultimo, the AR-switching doesn't happen (I used the same recording and the same TV to check).
So it looks like a DUO2-only-issue indeed.

Additional: the WEB-IF of the DUO2 does show the correct AR, while the TV doesn't. This makes it even more incomprehensible.
 
This particular problem is also appearing on the new AMC from BTHD channel and again only on the Duo2 and Solo2. It's happening on ALL programming, not just adverts. Could you ask Vu+ if there are plans to update drivers to compensate for this issue
 
No point even asking Vu as they likely will just ignore any emails or queries. Their support is trully pathetic these days and only seems to materialise when they have a new model they want to toute to the masses.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
I've just checked on a Zero and it's the same, so could be all their newer boxes. Does anyone have a Solo SE to try? If it's affecting all boxes currently for sale, then a contact from someone at ViX or O-E could make them consider looking at it.
 
I have the same issue on both DUO2 & ZERO. Adverts change to 4:3 on ESPNHD & AMC HD is also in 4:3.

If I stream to my PC from the DUO2 the recording is ok, if I look on the Webif the picture is the correct size.
 
Maybe never, VU+ are a Korean company and probably don't care that your commercials are in 4:3 on a couple of channels.

On AMC HD, it's all programming not just commercials. I have sent off a comment and was hoping ViX team members/coders would as well
 
On AMC HD, it's all programming not just commercials. I have sent off a comment and was hoping ViX team members/coders would as well

There is no real point us sending them such bug reports as they rarely ever respond to let alone knowledge these reports. We have a list of known bugs going back to day one of the duo that they still refuse to accept. only when it affects a new box or if image support is put in jeopardy do they do any thing these days.

p.s this is not a new bug either, It has been known about / commented on for quite some time (more than a year at least).
 
Last edited:
Pretty disappointing, but not surprising. Why does it only happen on certain channels? Is there no work around?
 
I haven't read this whole thread, but can anyone confirm this same bug is present in Blackhole and VTi images? Also is present in Openpli?
 
There is no point in people dropping into this thread to confirm they also have this issue, as I said it has benn known about and talked about on various forums for at least a year or more. It's something Vu+ need to sort out in their drivers.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top