Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Drivers for DVB USB Avermedia Volar A835 (9035) in Vix 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter ojerez
  • Start date Start date
some few notes.

I've tried on my second DUO as well.
And I succeded in finding few channels, about 30. The main DVBT tuner has more than 400 channels stored, many doubled. But in these days of switch off this is a fact.
Anyway, even finding channels the DUO was unable to tune. As mentioned in previous post.
Than I tried to use a powered USB-HUB plugged in the DUO. And this time the stored channels were tuned fine.
But rescanning did not result in any new channel. Expecially national RAI and Mediaset channels were not found.

The weird thing is that with my Macbook running windowsXP on the virtual machine, the Avermedia software did found lots of channel including RAI and Mediaset ones. And I was using the antenna provided with the A835!

Back on the first DUO, no luck at all. Always 0 channels found.
I've tried default terrestrial.xml, and many other found on italian boards but always the same result. ZERO
 
Last edited:
some few notes.

I've tried on my second DUO as well.
And I succeded in finding few channels, about 30. The main DVBT tuner has more than 400 channels stored, many doubled. But in these days of switch off this is a fact.
Anyway, even finding channels the DUO was unable to tune. As mentioned in previous post.
Than I tried to use a powered USB-HUB plugged in the DUO. And this time the stored channels were tuned fine.
But rescanning did not result in any new channel. Expecially national RAI and Mediaset channels were not found.

The weird thing is that with my Macbook running windowsXP on the virtual machine, the Avermedia software did found lots of channel including RAI and Mediaset ones. And I was using the antenna provided with the A835!

Back on the first DUO, no luck at all. Always 0 channels found.
I've tried default terrestrial.xml, and many other found on italian boards but always the same result. ZERO

Dear MarsArtis,

I wish I could speak a language other than English (or the Oz version thereof)... but my schooling was fairly narrow.

I'm glad you appear to have the basic functionality of your dvbt stick working. For tuning my system uses the Australian dvbt system which is limited to a grand total of 20 fta channels using only five separate transponders. I use a different terrestrial.xml than you would use and all the Australian channels use a bandwidth of 7MHz (I imagine europe uses 8MHz mostly).

Despite these differences, a common problem is that the portable antennas provided with the dvbt usb stick are rubbish at picking up signals. I rely on a fixed roof mounted uhf yagi antenna with quad shielded rg6 cabling to my dvbt input. The ability of the various dvbt sticks to pull in a signal will vary with make and model. I note that we are using different models (though both are Avermedia). With Vix build 204, you should also get dvbt signal strength and SNR. With my external antenna I get 99% signal strength and more importantly 99% SNR. (This might sound a bit suspicious, but I have confirmed that these values can be made to reduce with attenuators etc.)

I was using my stick plugged into one of the rear usb ports but have changed this to now use a hub in the same location. I've heard that some people have had more success with a powered hub than relying on the Vu Duo usb power. This could vary with different Vu Duo's and also with different usb sticks... however, I'm currently happy using an unpowered hub which also has a memory stick attached!

That was probably the questions you asked me? Oh yes, all the channels scanned into my VuDuo showed up in a separate 'terrestrial' group. If you look at services by 'satellite' you should see each service grouped under each satellite that you scanned with your dvbs, dvbs2 tuners and another group under 'terrestrial' for your dvbt tuners. There should not be any terrestrial services listed under any of your satellite groups... however, if you look at services under provider then you may well have a mixture and or course, under your favourites you will most likely choose to a have mixture of satellite and terrestrial.

cheers
 
Last edited:
hi stick.
Abou the portable antenna mentioned by me, I was pointing that the Avermedia software was able to scan e tune channels that duo could not.
So I'm wondering if there's something wrong on the duo.

Infact, neither using my roof antenna both for UHF anf VHF channels I was able to get more channels.

I'm teil concerned about one of the DUO which was not able to find anything a all (and it's the freshly reinstalled one).
 
hi stick.
Abou the portable antenna mentioned by me, I was pointing that the Avermedia software was able to scan e tune channels that duo could not.
So I'm wondering if there's something wrong on the duo.

Infact, neither using my roof antenna both for UHF anf VHF channels I was able to get more channels.

Well if it's not the antenna, then it is probably the scan details in the terrestrial.xml file. I suggest you check to see what parameters are being used by the successful scanning (Windows PC?) and also what parameters are being used by the VuDuo during a scan. See if they match. In my case, the Avermedia PC software couldn't find any channels because the Australian TV parameters used were wrong... a subsequent update by Avermedia fixed this. So you may have the opposite situation (terrestrial.xml parameters may need changing).

Also you could strip out any parameter blocks in the terrestrial.xml file that are not relevant to your locale... just to ensure that the Vix doesn't get your locale confused with another one.

You could also check the parameters against any formal specification you can find for terrestrial broadcasts in your locale.

I'm teil concerned about one of the DUO which was not able to find anything a all (and it's the freshly reinstalled one).

I guess you need to re-check your installation procedure... it certainly is a pain and hopefully will be more straight forward after the next Vix release (I hope).
 
Last edited:
mmm, The A835 I was using is the Avermecia AverTv Volar Green Hd.
It's a energy safe model. And I think this may be the issue that makes it in need for more power from USB.
Anyhow, today I decided to send it back to Amazon.

Can you tell us which brand and model is your A835?
 
Can you tell us which brand and model is your A835?

Mine is also an Avermedia ... TwinStar model A825. This is a twin tuner model which also uses the af9035 chipset. Because it is a twin tuner it will probably cost more but allows you to view/record on separate transponders simultaneously.

Another option is the Hauppauge Nova TD or T stick which is based on the dib0700 chiipset. The TD is a dual tuner (or twin tuner) whereas the T is a single tuner. These used to be available from the site sponsor? The Nova T sticks (and other dib0700 sticks) have been supported earlier than the af9035 sticks in most images.

I would not have thought that the 'energy safe model' would have been a problem. Indeed, my dual tuner should use more power than the single tuner versions like yours.

Better luck with your next terrestrial stick.

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top