Alankellyeire
Member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2012
- Messages
- 205
- Reaction score
- 1
- Points
- 18
I often transfer stuff from my receiver to machine and i always use ssh/scp/dropbear. I noticed last year after upgrading my home network to 1Gbps that no matter what i would never break the 10Mbps mark when coping a file from the receiver to my machine. Everything in my home other than mobile phones is hardwired to a 1Gpbs switch. If i connect a different device to the Ethernet cable the box is using and do the same thing by transferring a file via SCP it maxes the connection at about 120MBs. This left me to assume there is something wrong with the Ethernet connection in the box as its supposed to be a 1Gbps Ethernet connection. I recently tried with another Solo2 and got the same results and tested with a USB ethernet dongle too.
I tested with multiple different versions of openvix including the latest(6.6.05) and always got the same result of max 10-12MBs. Messing around with the web UI i noticed i can download files and i download a movie and seen i got closer to 20MBs which still is no where near the max the connection can take but better than what i am seeing with drop bear. so this leaves me to believe that dropbear speed throttled/limited?
Can anyone confirm this?
I tested with multiple different versions of openvix including the latest(6.6.05) and always got the same result of max 10-12MBs. Messing around with the web UI i noticed i can download files and i download a movie and seen i got closer to 20MBs which still is no where near the max the connection can take but better than what i am seeing with drop bear. so this leaves me to believe that dropbear speed throttled/limited?
Can anyone confirm this?
Last edited: