Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Duo2 didn't record some shows

SkyFan

New member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I made several recordings of freesat shows yesterday. All were recorded except 2 episodes of Bullseye on Challenge. They WERE recorded but the filesize is zero.

Is there a way to find out why they weren't recorded? It's recording fine now on that channel so I don't know why it wasn't yesterday. Thanks
 
Last edited:
But why would that have prevented the channels being recorded? I'm using AutoBouquets Maker and today Challenge is still playing fine.
 
What service reference was the recording set to?
What is the current service reference?
You'll probably find these are different.

ABM is doing its job of updating the receivers' channel data. It does not touch any timers.
 
How do I find that info out?

Are you basically saying that if you set the recording before ABM changes the channel data then the recording will fail? Kind of defeats the purpose of using ABM. It's just luck if you manage to set the recording after ABM changes the channel data.
 
not really, if abm didnt update your channel list youd have alot of failed services.

abm changes the data when sly change the data, it doesnt do it by itself.
 
ABM does not change the broadcast data, the broadcaster changes it. ABM keeps up with the changes.
 
What service reference was the recording set to?
What is the current service reference?
You'll probably find these are different.

How do I find that out?
 
If you look in /etc/enigma2/ You will find a timer.xml and autotimer.xml. Auto timer

You will find an entry like

Code:
 <timer name="Saathiya" match="Saathiya" enabled="yes" from="18:00" to="20:30" location="/media/hdd/movie/Saathiya/" searchType="exact" searchCase="sensitive" overrideAlternatives="1">
  <serviceref>[COLOR=#0000ff]1:0:1:CB8C:8FD:2:11A0000:0:0:0:[/COLOR]</serviceref> <!-- Star Plus -->
 </timer>

Code:
<timer begin="1435168620" end="1435170900" serviceref="[COLOR=#0000ff]1:0:1:CB8C:8FD:2:11A0000:0:0:0:[/COLOR]" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Saathiya" description="A story about two absolutely different individuals with completely different expectations from their lives & their life partners" afterevent="auto" eit="32" location="/media/hdd/movie/Saathiya/" tags="" disabled="0" justplay="0" always_zap="0" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="1">
<log code="500" time="1434650878">[AutoTimer] Try to add new timer based on AutoTimer Saathiya.</log>
<log code="5" time="1435168600">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1435168600">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1435168603">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/Saathiya/Saathiya - 20150624 1857_Star Plus&apos;</log>
<log code="6" time="1435168603">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1435168624">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1435168624">start recording</log>
<log code="5" time="1435170900">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1435170900">stop recording</log>
</timer>


I have highlighted the service reference in blue.

There are several ways to check thew service reference of a channel.
One way is while on the channel, press Menu > Information > Service. The information will be displayed on screen.
 
Last edited:
I checked the "timers.xml" file just now and I also did Menu > Information > Service. Both service codes are the same. So I'm still confused as to why those 2 shows were recorded but the file size was zero? I installed this image a few days ago in a clean installation.
 
Think there's a few bugs in this image as per my last post. Also today I set a manual timer for Goodwood Festival of Speed on MotorsTV Freeview DVB-T for 11am. At 11:45am I turned on my box and noticed the recording hadn't started. I then changed the channel to MotorsTV and shortly later the recording started!

Is this a bug or do you need to "turn on" the freeview channel by changing to that channel before it will start recording - perhaps I need to do that after I restart my box? I have a USB Freeview tuner.
 
That was it. The 2 Bullseye shows were recorded but the file size was zero.
 
If you're using a cardshare, does that allow you to have 2 channels at the same time? If the channel wasn't decoded, then the recording would be 0 bytes. What happens if you manually start 2 recordings, say Sky Sports first then a second off challenge, do they both record?

Have you tried deleting all the timers and re-selecting them, also deleting all EPG data and re-downloading.
 
I'm recording freesat. All channels play fine before and after the recordings. No I haven't tried deleting all EPG data or anything like that. I shouldn't have to do that. This is a new recently installed image. It should work.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top