Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Duplicate Auto Settings Backups

BrianG61UK

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2022
Messages
122
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
Berkshire England. 51.4°N, 0.9°W
Website
www.brian-gregory.me.uk
I have my box set up to do a settings backup at midnight every 24 hours.
Usually it works fine producing files like:

vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230323-0000.tar.gz

However, on Saturday an hour before the clocks went forward for summer something odd happened.
Instead of just one backup I got multiple backups, mostly each 1 minute (some 2 minutes) after the previous one like this:

vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2300.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2301.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2302.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2303.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2304.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2305.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2306.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2307.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2308.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2309.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2310.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2312.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2313.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2314.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2315.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2316.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2317.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2318.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2319.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2320.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2321.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2322.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2323.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2325.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2326.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2327.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2328.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2329.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2330.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2331.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2332.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2333.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2334.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2335.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2336.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2338.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2339.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2340.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2341.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2342.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2343.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2344.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2345.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2347.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2348.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2349.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2350.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2351.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2352.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2353.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2354.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2355.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2357.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2358.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230325-2359.tar.gz
vix-dev-Sch-6.3.004.015-20230326-0000.tar.gz


Weird.
 
Boxes can and have had issues with time changes and now you have proof you can turn back time. Wow

Sometimes its nice to see odd funny things and it might happen again when time changes in the future.
 
how do i set up the setimgs like u had them could explain how do i do this


I have my box set up to do a settings backup at midnight every 24 hours.
 
Last edited:
I am all for ensuring you backup files, but personally, I think running a settings backup every day is a waste of time…..
Run it once after you have setup and then if you flash a new image then default is to run a settings backup…..so you always have your latest settings backup available.
 
That s what I’ve been doing thank uagain
 
So does this mean that if I had a recording set up to start at midnight on that night I would have had 55 to 61 recordings all starting one after another?

I assume not because hopefully it's different code that handles recording, and it is more correct.

Perhaps all the needs doing is to not bother to try to handle this special case for scheduled backups because clearly it's not working and is making things worse.

Question. Does anyone know where this code is? What file it is in?
 
Last edited:
Do as I do flash ur new image then back up job done
 
So does this mean that if I had a recording set up to start at midnight on that night I would have had 55 to 61 recordings all starting one after another?

I assume not because hopefully it's different code that handles recording, and it is more correct.

Perhaps all the needs doing is to not bother to try to handle this special case for scheduled backups because clearly it's not working and is making things worse.

Question. Does anyone know where this code is? What file it is in?

In BackupManager.py. I'm going to change that scheduling code when I get a spare minute; It is rubbish.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top