Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-T/T2] DVB T2/C tuner not finding any channels.

Reply to ccs :- Yes it was 5.1.032 (just checked in my downloads and that is the only images I have downloaded lately) , I did have an initial problem and sent the cards back to get them checked (same issue as this) but flattening the box and re-flashing fixed it. could it be some sort of cache issue, is there a way of really clearing the memory, more than a factory reset?
 
Last edited:
Hi Abu, I could try that but my signal strength on all my cards (something I checked before I ran the scan) is just above 90% with all 3 tuners connected. And I have a in line attenuator from my feed cable, again how it has always been.
 
Factory reset doesn't really do anything (it gets rid of your settings, but the image is left as is), a re-flash is what you want to get you going again from scratch.
 
Last edited:
DVB T2/C tuner not finting any channels.

The signal from Virgin flactuates, your setup may not have changed, other factors may have.

Please re-read my post for tests to conduct.
 
Ok,
Tuner 4 disabled, cable directly into tuner 3 nothing in passthrough, signal strength 91% ABM ran found no channels, error message displayed
Tuner 3 disabled, cable directly into tuner 4 nothing in passthrough, signal strength 92% ABM ran found no channels, error message displayed
Cable directly into tuner Tiviar nothing else connected, signal strength 91% ABM ran found all cable channels.


just a extra bit of background and this is not aimed at you Abu, but just in case other people are reading this post:-

I have a HNC in Electronics.
I taught Computer Engineering in college for 14 years.
I worked for 7 years as a Computer programmer.
I current work for a large multinational company as a systems analyst.

This is not a simple case of have I put the right cables in the right holes :-)

I am no expert on this particular system (which is why I am seeking help) but I have been through the basics before posting this.
 
We will have to look at this further. The Gigablues have always been most troublesome for cable ABM threads. Might be a driver change causing this.

Can you run that Nit Analyser on your Tiviar please?

Also as a separate test on your Tiviar, please clear services (command in putty guide), run ABM, then attach both lamedb files from /etc/Enigma2/
 
DVB T2/C tuner not finting any channels.

Didn't mean to offend. Have to start at most basic level to rule things out.

I wouldn't place much weight on those signal readings from your receiver.
 
Will do, I will need to do it a bit later tonight though, the Tiviar is set up for my wife for German TV and she has just arrived home from work and she like to watch a bit of German TV and relax for a bit, so I don't want to start fiddling with it just now, I need to keep the peace lol.
 
Hi Abu, sorry, you didn't offend at all, you are working through things methodically. its just that I have read enough posts on this forum to realist that people start asking simple questions, like "have you enabled the tuner", or "have you checked the wire is plugged in correctly" or "have you made sure it has petrol in it" LOL. in this case it doesn't progress things much.
 
Test 1 on Gigablue.

Transfer this file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Delete providers.cache in same location
In ABM, disable Virgin. Enable degsy999

Run ABM and check if it works.
 

Attachments

Test 2 on Gigablue

Transfer this cables.xml file to /etc/enigma2/
Ensure debug logs are on
Restart GUI. (Your tuner config will change automatically)
Perform a non-abm scan

Menu > Setup > Tuner config > Manual scan > select dvb-c tuner >
Type of scan = complete

It should not be too long as only the frequencies from your area are listed

Does it find channels during a scan?

If not, please attach debug log. Default location is /home/root /logs
We will have to try another image to confirm if it is a driver issue
 

Attachments

Test 1 done , still get error, question, why is this file for 41048 (Manchester) when the area I am in is 41018 (Preston)?
 
Again, just took a quick look at the xml file for test 2 and this file is for 41048 also, don't want to try it if it is for the wrong area.
 
DVB T2/C tuner not finting any channels.

Bother! Need more sleep. I basically changed frequency to 595000. Can you amend the official file and try again.

Test 2 should be fine to do. E2 scanning ignores net ID for UK.
 
Forget ABM for now, the frequency in the file is correct. The Tiviar works fine too.

You are getting this error
Code:
< 11814.629> [eDVBFrontend] (2)tune
< 11814.629> [eDVBFrontend] tuning to 531000 khz, sr 6952000, fec 3, modulation 5, inversion 2
< 11814.629> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: tuning
< 11814.630> [eDVBFrontend] startTuneTimeout 5000
< 11814.631> [eDVBFrontend] setFrontend 1
< 11814.631> [eDVBFrontend] setting frontend 2
< 11814.631> [eDVBFrontend] (2)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1
< 11814.859> [eDVBFrontend] (2)fe event: status 10, inversion off, m_tuning 2
< 11814.859> [eDVBChannel] OURSTATE: ok
< 11814.859> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
< 11814.859> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=0
< 11814.859> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
< 11814.860> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=16
< 11818.860> [eDVBScan] got pat, err -1
< 11818.860> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
< 11818.860> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=17
< 11821.361> [eDVBScan] got sdt -1
< 11826.861> [eDVBScan] got nit, err -1
< 11826.861> [eDVBScan] channel done!
< 11826.861> [eDVBScan] the current channel's ID was not corrected - not adding channel.

Please continue testing with the cables.xml file I uploaded.

Can you try the following:
Flash Team blue image, ensure it has the same driver date as the one on Vix.
Code:
http://images.teamblue.tech/6.1-release/index.php

I don't believe they have debug logs like us, so start Enigma2 in console mode, then perform a manual scan as above. Attach the log please

Code:
init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma2
If that fails, I think you will have to flash an image with older drivers until it is fixed. We'll send details to one of the guys with contacts at Gigablue
 
Worth another mention....
I then did a full factory reset on my box and installed the latest copy of the Vix Image that I downloaded and put on a pen drive. At this point I was happy to find that the cards worked and detected a full set of channels on both the TV areal and VM Cbl.

My guess is that the image never flashed (based on later posts), so maybe the latest image/drivers really is the problem.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top