Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

DVBT recorders with support for smartcards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bob_Swede
  • Start date Start date
B

Bob_Swede

Guest
I am new here and have a question regarding equipment for viewing and recording terrestrial digital broadcasts (DVBT and DVBT2):

Does the Miraclebox and GigaBlue systems support smartcard usage?
In Sweden where I live the channles sent as freeview are only a handful out of 50+ channels on DVBT.
The rest require a subscription with a smartcard that is inserted into a CI reader in the receiver/recorder.
So if I buy one of these systems, can I view/record also coded channels I subscribe to (do they have slots for the smartcards)?

Furthermore, assuming that the answer is YES:
When recording a coded channel, is the signal decoded onto the disk or is the smartcard needed also when viewing the program?
I would like to archive certain programs and be able to view them for a long time after recording, when the coding key may well have changed or my subscription expired.
So decryption onto the disk file is required.
Do these systems work that way?

Grateful for any insight into this.
 
Not familiar with your location but if the built in card can decode your card with a soft cam than yes you can.

The recording will be, if its anything like sat which I think it is will be recorded without the need for the card to view it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top