Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Dvbt stick

I'm using Vix2.4.143 and it is still fairly clean (very few plugins etc). When I install the a867 driver it certainly doesn't hang.

Maybe you need to revert to a cleaner image after all the frigging around you've been through and also get the dvb-t going before you install all the extras?

Good luck!
 
[SOLVED] VU+DUO and a867 DVB-T pen

Hi fellows,
a big thanks to stick50jr for his suggestions finally I can confirm that I've the a867 (the Sky USB-DVB-T adapter with blue light) up and running smoothly on my DUO (Maybe the instruction would work with ULTIMO aswell)

So here's what I did
  1. - reflashed my DUO to a backup I was sure was working ok (VIX 2.4 build 143 with CCcam2.3.0, OpenVPN, SAMBA)
  2. via telnet session I issued the following commands:
    opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867 (3.1.1-r16.8) to root...
    Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.co...16.8_vuduo.ipk.
    Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867.
    FATAL: Error inserting dvb_usb_a867 (/lib/modules/3.1.1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-a867.ko): Invalid module format
    ​
    then:
    opkg files kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    Package kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867 (3.1.1-r16.8) is installed on root and has the following files:
    /etc/modutils/dvb-usb-a867
    /lib/modules/3.1.1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-a867.ko​

    and
    opkg depends kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867
    kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867 depends on:
    update-modules
    kernel-3.1.1​
after that rebooted and the tuner for DVB-T was displayed and available.
I did a search for the channels (Using the default terestrial.xml I choosed europe,mid est... etc since I'm in Italy) and stored more than 111 channel (al the ones available in this district area).

just to be more exaustive in the description I'll add the following:
dmesg | grep dvb
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)

lsusb
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 13fd:0540 Initio Corporation
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 07ca:a867 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 18a5:0302
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

lsmod
Module Size Used by
zd1211rw 55901 0
8192cu 542837 0
rtl8187 54063 0
rt73usb 24424 0
rt2800usb 13089 0
rt2800lib 44771 1 rt2800usb
rt2500usb 18185 0
rt2x00usb 10921 3 rt73usb,rt2800usb,rt2500usb
rt2x00lib 40442 5 rt73usb,rt2800usb,rt2800lib,rt2500usb,rt2x00usb
r8712u 169530 0
pl2303 12486 0
keyspan 32756 0
ipv6 348670 14
ftdi_sio 30425 0
dvb_usb_a867 211662 1
carl9170 83694 0
belkin_sa 6809 0
usbserial 30919 4 pl2303,keyspan,ftdi_sio,belkin_sa
ath9k_htc 63975 0
mac80211 211445 7 zd1211rw,rtl8187,rt2800lib,rt2x00usb,rt2x00lib,carl9170,ath9k_htc
ath9k_common 1442 1 ath9k_htc
ath9k_hw 310668 2 ath9k_htc,ath9k_common
ath 16979 3 carl9170,ath9k_htc,ath9k_hw
brcmfb 1127 2
dvb_bcm7335 4932784 33 brcmfb
procmk 1397 1 dvb_bcm7335

I's time to put the driver in the plugin feed!!!
 
Glad you got it working.
Can you check if it still works on an Enigma restart rather than a full reboot.
 
argh!!!!

done a GUI restart. The tuner was listed among the available ones BUT it's not tuning any channel at all. It gaves failed tune error message (i'm literally translating it from italian).

I'll look forward for your further instructions
 
argh!!!!

done a GUI restart. The tuner was listed among the available ones BUT it's not tuning any channel at all. It gaves failed tune error message (i'm literally translating it from italian).

I'll look forward for your further instructions

Thought so, a full reboot should work for now.
The team are aware of this issue.
 
May I ask what is this issue related to?

and why the
dmesg | grep dvb
does not report the a867 in warm state?
 
May I ask what is this issue related to?

and why the
dmesg | grep dvb
does not report the a867 in warm state?

Just that recent builds aren't picking up USB TV sticks on a GUI restart.
Did it work again after a full reboot?
 
I do confirm. After a reboot it's working again.
dmesg | grep dvb
dvb_bcm7335: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
dvb-usb: AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier successfully initialized and connected.
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb-usb-a867

dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)
 
For those who want to install a dvb-usb device that is not in the plugin list... check the results of opkg list:

Code:
Welcome to ViX for vuduo
ViX v2.4
vuduo login: root
root@vuduo:~# opkg list 'kernel-module-dvb-usb*'
kernel-module-dvb-usb-a800 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-a800 kernel module; AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)
kernel-module-dvb-usb-a867 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-a867 kernel module; AVerMedia A867
kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9005 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-af9005 kernel module; Driver for Afatech 9005 DVB-T USB1.1 stick
kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9005-remote - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-af9005-remote kernel module; Standard remote control decoder for Afatech 9005 DVB-T USB1.1 stick
kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9015 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-af9015 kernel module; Driver for Afatech AF9015 DVB-T
kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-af9035 kernel module; Afatech AF9035 driver
kernel-module-dvb-usb-anysee - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-anysee kernel module; Driver Anysee E30 DVB-C & DVB-T USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-au6610 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-au6610 kernel module; Driver for Alcor Micro AU6610 DVB-T USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-az6027 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-az6027 kernel module; Driver for AZUREWAVE DVB-S/S2 USB2.0 (AZ6027)
kernel-module-dvb-usb-ce6230 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-ce6230 kernel module; Driver for Intel CE6230 DVB-T USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-cinergyt2 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-cinergyt2 kernel module; Terratec Cinergy T2 DVB-T driver
kernel-module-dvb-usb-cxusb - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-cxusb kernel module; Driver for Conexant USB2.0 hybrid reference design
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dib0700 kernel module; Driver for devices based on DiBcom DiB0700 - USB bridge
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dibusb-common - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dibusb-common kernel module
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dibusb-mb - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dibusb-mb kernel module; Driver for DiBcom USB DVB-T devices (DiB3000M-B based)
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dibusb-mc - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dibusb-mc kernel module; Driver for DiBcom USB2.0 DVB-T (DiB3000M-C/P based) devices
kernel-module-dvb-usb-digitv - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-digitv kernel module; Driver for Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dtt200u - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dtt200u kernel module; Driver for the WideView/Yakumo/Hama/Typhoon/Club3D/Miglia DVB-T USB2.0 devices
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dtv5100 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dtv5100 kernel module; AME DTV-5100 USB2.0 DVB-T
kernel-module-dvb-usb-dw2102 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-dw2102 kernel module; Driver for DVBWorld DVB-S 2101, 2102, DVB-S2 2104, DVB-C 3101 USB2.0, TeVii S600, S630, S650, S660, S480, Prof 1100, 7500 USB2.0, Geniatech SU3000 devices
kernel-module-dvb-usb-ec168 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-ec168 kernel module; E3C EC168 DVB-T USB2.0 driver
kernel-module-dvb-usb-friio - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-friio kernel module; Driver for Friio ISDB-T USB2.0 Receiver
kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-gl861 kernel module; Driver MSI Mega Sky 580 DVB-T USB2.0 / GL861
kernel-module-dvb-usb-gp8psk - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-gp8psk kernel module; Driver for Genpix DVB-S
kernel-module-dvb-usb-it9135 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-it9135 kernel module; Driver for devices based on ITEtech IT9135
kernel-module-dvb-usb-lmedm04 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-lmedm04 kernel module; LME2510(C) DVB-S USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-m920x - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-m920x kernel module; DVB Driver for ULI M920x
kernel-module-dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2 kernel module; Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2
kernel-module-dvb-usb-opera - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-opera kernel module; Driver for Opera1 DVB-S device
kernel-module-dvb-usb-rtl2832 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-rtl2832 kernel module; Driver for the RTL2832U DVB-T / RTL2836 DTMB USB2.0 device
kernel-module-dvb-usb-technisat-usb2 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-technisat-usb2 kernel module; Driver for Technisat DVB-S/S2 USB 2.0 device
kernel-module-dvb-usb-ttusb2 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-ttusb2 kernel module; Driver for Pinnacle PCTV 400e DVB-S USB2.0
kernel-module-dvb-usb-umt-010 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-umt-010 kernel module; Driver for HanfTek UMT 010 USB2.0 DVB-T device
kernel-module-dvb-usb-vp702x - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-vp702x kernel module; Driver for Twinhan StarBox DVB-S USB2.0 and clones
kernel-module-dvb-usb-vp7045 - 3.1.1-r16.8 - dvb-usb-vp7045 kernel module; Driver for Twinhan MagicBox/Alpha and DNTV tinyUSB2 DVB-T USB2.0

Some of these that haven't made it to the plugin list do actually work.. to wit the a867 discussed in this thread.

But be warned many may have firmware and other dependencies that also need to be located and installed. (The a867 is an exception because it's driver is self sufficient!)

cheers
 
Last edited:
Just been browsing through this thread as I am trying to get my MSI Mega Sky 580 working with my Duo.
In the list above I can see this DVB-T stick listed as "dvb-usb-gl861 kernel module; Driver MSI Mega Sky 580 DVB-T USB2.0 / GL861"
So a week ago I tried the instructions above for this driver,
i.e
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg files kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg depends kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861


BTW, I am currently on the latest cut of the OE3.0 build (which I like a lot btw)

Bizarrely the USB stick will work, but only in the front usb - but not in either of the rear ports.

I've tried many reboots and using a powered USB hub for the rear, but no joy.
 
Just been browsing through this thread as I am trying to get my MSI Mega Sky 580 working with my Duo.
In the list above I can see this DVB-T stick listed as "dvb-usb-gl861 kernel module; Driver MSI Mega Sky 580 DVB-T USB2.0 / GL861"
So a week ago I tried the instructions above for this driver,
i.e
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg files kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg depends kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861


BTW, I am currently on the latest cut of the OE3.0 build (which I like a lot btw)

Bizarrely the USB stick will work, but only in the front usb - but not in either of the rear ports.

I've tried many reboots and using a powered USB hub for the rear, but no joy.
Just to add to this, I have been "told" by my missus that it won't be left to work like this (with tuner and aerial cable sticking out the front of the unit), and either the tuner goes to the back or it gets removed. So I need a resolution here.
Sometimes wonder who pays the bills in this house.:confused::mad:
 
OK, Have just ran through this again.

Blackhole 1.7.8
Out-of-the-box - DVB-T MSI Megasky 580 recognised in both front and back usb ports - no additional drivers needed.

VIX OE3.0 latest cut (344??)
Out-of-the-box - DVB-T MSI Megasky 580 NOT recognised in either front and back usb ports

VIX OE3.0 latest cut (344??)
Driver install via:
opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg files kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861
opkg depends kernel-module-dvb-usb-gl861

DVB-T MSI Megasky 580 is recognised in front USB, but NOT in back usb ports

Bizarre or what???

So at this point if I want to use that tuner I have to go back to Blackhole - but I prefer the OE3.0 UI. Arrrrggghhhh
 
@ Mods & Dev(s)
Is there any way we can get more official support for DVB-T tuners FOR ALL USB ports.

As above, Blackhole works fine for many DVB-T stcks on all ports OOTB, but I want to use the VIX image.
I like it - my family like it.

If the Blackhole team can get it to work without issue, and a manual install of the gl861 (MSI Mega Sky 580) driver in VIX in my Duo (as above) works for the front port, surely we're more than 1/2 way there aren't we???

Yours in anticipation

MD.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top