Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Editing SD / HD channel numbers since $ky killed off HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveharman

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
Following on from the discussion on $ky killing off many HD channels, what do people suggest is the best (see also; easiest) way for me to replace the non functioning HD channel numbers with their SD alternatives?

For example I keep calling up $ky Sports News on 405 which now no longer clears in HD, and the SD version is on Ch.1285. I'd love to "renumber" 1285 so pressing 405 took me there instead. Kind of like a sym-link (Mac "alias", Windows "shortcut"). Same goes for all the other HD channels $ky have recently killed.

Does DreamBoxEdit provide this functionality (if so...how...) and, despite the name, is it likely to work OK with our GigaBlue Quad?

Thanks,

Steve
 
Do you use the inbuilt ABM? If so just change your region in providers to SD instead of HD, so in my case Sheffield SD and Sky Sports News SD becomes 405. Just remember when you have changed to 'Region' SD, green button to save then start scan and will take effect. :D
 
Perhaps he meant a solution to mix and match with the hd that is currently available. I would really appreciate some input on if this an option and how to do it.
 
Perhaps he meant a solution to mix and match with the hd that is currently available. I would really appreciate some input on if this an option and how to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, but yes it's a mix-and-match solution I'm after. Presumably setting ABM to SD would them "reorganize" the likes of Davd HD, BBC News HD, BBC2 HD off to other channel numbers, so no more 102 for BBC2 HD etc.

Thanks again though.

Steve
 
I've attached a custom ABM xml file to the end of this post.
It should do what you want.
 
I've added the changed channel numbers in the swap hd section of the ABM providers file. When another goes just add the new numbers
 
What in your ABM is s×y black and why does it not show on mine running last version
 
I've attached a custom ABM xml file to the end of this post.
It should do what you want.

Sounds perfect. :-)

Downloaded, installed and was able to select it in ABM - however I couldn't find an option for "swap channels = yes" in ABM - am I looking in the wrong place? In any event - at the moment selecting 405 still shows $ky Sports News HD on screen and of course SSNHD doesn't clear. Tried an Enigma restart but it made no difference. Restart the whole box perhaps?

Cheers,

Steve
 
[STRIKE]HD swap affects the contents of bouquets, not numbering. AFAIK.[/STRIKE]

See correction further down.
 
Last edited:
Err, so not possible to dial up say 106 or 405 from the keypad?
 
however I couldn't find an option for "swap channels = yes" in ABM - am I looking in the wrong place?
Its highlighted on the screenshot I added to that post.

View attachment 35342

You need to set Setup mode = expert in the AutoBouquetsMaker configure screen. Should have added that to the post...
 
Hi judge please can you post a screen shot of your ABM providers setup? I have installed the custom xml and stopped freesat and sky England. I have restarted my solo2 and gone into Epg but the look is still the same so I must be missing something somewhere I.e 106 is still SKY1HD as oppose to just sky1 or am I missing something?
 
Its highlighted on the screenshot I added to that post.

View attachment 35342

You need to set Setup mode = expert in the AutoBouquetsMaker configure screen. Should have added that to the post...

Brilliant! :-) Thanks again Judge, all good now.

Although - for some reason keying 405 from my keypad takes me to $ky Sports 4 (Ch.436), not $ky Sports News. We have $ky Sports News SD on Ch.1285 but it's bound to be elsewhere too.

The mapping for channels such as 106 > $ky One SD seem to work fine.

Cheers,

Steve
 
Last edited:
Although - for some reason keying 405 from my keypad takes me to $ky Sports 4 (Ch.436), not $ky Sports News. We have $ky Sports News SD on Ch.1285 but it's bound to be elsewhere too.

I didn't check all channels were right, if you spot any more please post them & I'll fix it up later tonight.
 
Hello I've been doing this for weeks, in my. XML not only do I swap channels I also move the dark hd channels further up the channel list out of the way, if any body wants me to post it later on I will but you must unhide sections before uploading the XML. I also have one for cable which is in the abm section.
 
Hu Judge,

Did you have a chance to check the $ky Sports News [405] >> $ky Sports 4 instead issue? I just installed the currently available ABM XML and when choosing 405 for S.S.News from the keypad we still seem to go to Ch.436 (S.S.Four) instead of S.S.News.

Cheers,

Steve

UPDATE: We seem to get S.S.News SD on Ch.1285 so I tried changing some key values in your XML: <channel number="1285" with="405" />

Now when keying 405 we go to....err, 405 (S.S.N.HD which of course fails to clear.). Evidently this is not as easy as I'd hoped! ;-)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top