Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET5x00] EMC - Enhanced Movie Center on OpenVIX 3.0 on ET5000

Ramme

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

I am trying to get the EMC running on my ET5000 running OpenViX 3.0 245. The EMC Version 3.0.0 beta708 installs and starts fine (enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter_3.0.0beta708_mips32el.ipk). But when I try to play a file Enigma crashes.

I also tried copying the skin_user.xml to /etc/enigma2 (HD and XD Version) but nothing changed.

Does anyone know what to do to get EMC running on VIX? Help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
 
if you have any crash logs upload them here so that we can see what if any thing we can do about it.
 
EMC is not compatible with ViX. And it will never be: it's a compilation of a number of plugins, some of them overwriting systemfiles.
And on top of that: all those plugins have different licences, some of them prohibiting the use of the plugin :confused:

But what do you want to achieve by using EMC? (Almost) all functionality is already embedded in ViX.
 
I see now, then I have to discard this idea.

The reason is easy to explain:
I have another box running on a different image at the moment. This image makes use of EMC and it is a nice feature that you can continue watching a recording on the second box because EMC saves a file where you stopped watching. (This works with the VIX player too)

I was thinking about switching this box to OpenVIX too, but I did not find a source for newer oscam versions I would like to use. The version I found on a download link in this forum was kind of old and oscam.to is down at the moment. (No it isnt ->
Code:
http://www.oscam.cc[/URL]
)
 
Last edited:
You can install any oscam and than drop the new file into USR/SOFTCAM and give it the appropriate access rights.

In VIX the default movieplayer also resumes back from when you last played the file - if you go into the menu settings you will see all the options
 
I see now, then I have to discard this idea.

The reason is easy to explain:
I have another box running on a different image at the moment. This image makes use of EMC and it is a nice feature that you can continue watching a recording on the second box because EMC saves a file where you stopped watching. (This works with the VIX player too)

I was thinking about switching this box to OpenVIX too, but I did not find a source for newer oscam versions I would like to use. The version I found on a download link in this forum was kind of old and oscam.to is down at the moment. (No it isnt -> http://www.oscam.cc)

if you install the NFS network service and share your hdd with the other box you can continue playing the recording like you want.
 
Thanks for all your help. It works fine like you said.
But at the moment I am using CIFS, not NFS, well it works flawless with that as well. Great!

Two offtopic questions:
Do I have to update the webinterface of OScam too? Or is it included in the oscam binary?
and
How is the softcam/cardserver started? I am using CCcam as softcam and oscam as cardserver (yes, there is a good reason for that ;-) at the moment on my box and have set a delay between the start of oscam and cccam. Can I do that with openvix?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top