Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Empty Recordings

  • Thread starter Thread starter satnut
  • Start date Start date
S

satnut

Guest
Couple of questions for the experts please -

1)

Quick question about recording settings , preferred tuner for recordings I have set to 'auto'

I have two feeds coming into my solo , one from a fixed dish 28.2e (Tuner B )the other from a motorized dish looped through from a Technomate 5402 HD (Tuner A)

Last night a recording failed , it appeared in the movie list but the duration was 0.00secs

I accidentally had left my Techno box on instead of in standby which meant this had full control over the Dish motor and its likely it wasnt pointing at 28.2e, which meant the Solo had no control of the motorized dish

however ,as i have preferred tuner set to 'auto' why didnt the Solo use the other tuner to record ?

2)

I have my bouquets set to update at 1a.m , this also failed with error message 'Timeout for tuner lock' , again one of my feeds is on a fixed dish, if my motorized dish wasn't also pointing at 28.2e why didn't the bouquets update using the other tuner ? Is it tuner specific ?

Currently my tuner config is -

Tuner A is Motorized
Tuner B Fixed

Should i swap these around ?

Any advice appreciated
 
Your Solo2 can't tell if the Technomate is tieing up a tuner, so I'd say that answers both questions.
 
ad 1: setup to 'auto' means that the fixed dish tuner will be preferred. So if only one recording is planned and no TV-watching is going on, that should be fine. But obviously this is asking for trouble.

ad 2: see Judge's answer. There is no logic involved in the way like 'hey, I get no signal, let me try the other tuner'. The box simply believes what you tell it in the tuner config; if you fake it, you get issues.
 
Thanks for the replies guys , I changed the preferred tuner to Tuner B ( Fixed Dish ) will see how i get on

Thanks again
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top