Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] Enigma fails to fully start (scant detail)

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,598
Reaction score
119
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
When I booted after flashing to Hades the box didn't boot back up fully.
So I powered it off and back on and all was OK. (I then ran fsck on the hard-drive).

Tonight I started up the system and again it failed to fully start. I could login to the system, but the GUI had stopped in mid-startup.

Since I fix my Profile.py to display the boot progress on the LCD screen I know that it hung at 30%. This is at the point when the spinning VIX logo changes to be at a smaller size (if that means anything).

There was no log reported, and from what I can remember there was no enigma2 process left running (so the boot image displayed by showiframe was still on screen).

No further details. I'm just reporting the fact in case anyone else sees something similar. If it happens again I'll try to get some more info.

On both occasions the next reboot wnewt OK (as have several others...).
 
Since I fix my Profile.py to display the boot progress on the LCD screen I know that it hung at 30%. This is at the point when the spinning VIX logo changes to be at a smaller size (if that means anything).

There was no log reported, and from what I can remember there was no enigma2 process left running (so the boot image displayed by showiframe was still on screen).

No further details. I'm just reporting the fact in case anyone else sees something similar. If it happens again I'll try to get some more info.

Since you fix issues on your own boxes & provide colourful fonts on some issue reports. It's pretty hard to track any issues down.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top