Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] EPG behaviour after setting Timer

simono5

Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
16
HI everyone, My Solo2 is all but perfect. Really pleased with it.

One question I have that I can't find an answer to. When setting a Timer for a date in the future, as soon as its set the EPG goes back to the current date and time. This can be frustrating when I'm wanting to set a number of future dated Timers as I'm continuously navigating back through the EPG.

Is there a setting that allows the EPG to stay on the current set Timer rather than moving back tot he current date/time.

Thanks for your help.

PS Using the Blue HD Skin.
 
No, not currently possible if using the green button to set timers as once you leave the EPG screen & re-enter it, it resets to the current timeline.
Use the record button instead.
 
I've just found this post when trying to find the same answer as it's quite frustrating when adding a number of timers for the future.
I use the green button to set record timers as I wanted to set an alternative location to record the shows.
 
No, not currently possible if using the green button to set timers as once you leave the EPG screen & re-enter it, it resets to the current timeline.
Use the record button instead.

I have this same issue, but why not make so it doesn't reset to current timeline? Seems more logical to me.
 
I have this same issue, but why not make so it doesn't reset to current timeline? Seems more logical to me.
It would to me, too, as I have a mental picture of where I am when I set the recording - and suddenly I'm not. And since I tend to set timers as they arrive in the EPG, I'm usually setting them about a week ahead, so then have to work my way back to it.
The current reason was given in post #2, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it has to stay that way.
 
No, not currently possible if using the green button to set timers as once you leave the EPG screen & re-enter it, it resets to the current timeline.
Use the record button instead.

My epg also resets to the current time each time I set a timer. It's been happening on all Hades versions.
I set a timer direct from the guide by pressing the record button on the remote at the desired programme in the guide, this brings up the Timer dialogue so I just press ok, at this point the guide goes back to current position. At no time do I leave the guide during any of this process.
 
I'm wondering if setting up recordings for the week ahead, some of which are new series, it would be quicker to bang in all the recordings using the record button and then convert them to autotimers afterwards.

At the moment setting an autotimer will interrupt the EPG & reset it to current time.

My understanding is that the autotimer (an XML file) gets regularly polled and written to the timer XML file anyway, so I'm guessing once a timer event is converted to an autotimer, it will either be left alone or overwritten at next poll anyway - would I be correct?

Cheers
Ashley
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top