Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD ULTRA UE] EPG - Duplicate guide data

BatterBits

New member
Joined
Oct 19, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I'm fairly new to OpenVix, I am trying to determine the best way to use the EPG.

I am using the EPGImporter plugin and I have tried with the default settings, also with just Freesat, and again with just OpenTV EPG, and it seems that I have the same issue with all, and not sure if this is a bug in the listings, or something I'm doing wrong.

This concerns the listing for Great! Xmas - which seems to have duplicate entries for the Movie News which splits the films, but as a result, when I set a timer, it doesn't automatically record the second part of the movie, even though I have the setting to allow 20 minutes set. Typically the news is on for just 5 minutes or so, but the guide date shows 2 programmes starting a minute apart, but one of the programmes is shown as over an hour

Here's a sample listing from today:
View attachment 64468

You can see the listings, the duplicate news and the different lengths of the News features.

My understanding is that this is the "new modern" way to get the listings data, I don't see "crossEPG" under my EPG options
 
I'm fairly new to OpenVix, I am trying to determine the best way to use the EPG.

I am using the EPGImporter plugin and I have tried with the default settings, also with just Freesat, and again with just OpenTV EPG, and it seems that I have the same issue with all, and not sure if this is a bug in the listings, or something I'm doing wrong.

This concerns the listing for Great! Xmas - which seems to have duplicate entries for the Movie News which splits the films, but as a result, when I set a timer, it doesn't automatically record the second part of the movie, even though I have the setting to allow 20 minutes set. Typically the news is on for just 5 minutes or so, but the guide date shows 2 programmes starting a minute apart, but one of the programmes is shown as over an hour

Here's a sample listing from today:
View attachment 64468

You can see the listings, the duplicate news and the different lengths of the News features.

My understanding is that this is the "new modern" way to get the listings data, I don't see "crossEPG" under my EPG options

Crossepg is a downloadable plugin from the feeds, whether it would be better with this split I haveno idea
 
If you are using the Rytec EPG from the internet (acquired by EPG importer), you should disable Freesat EPG as well as disable the OPenTV Epg reader. Important thing is to use one EPG source for services and not combine two different sources.

For OpenTV EPG, see here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896-Setting-up-Sky-UK-epg-download

In my opinion we should disable the Freesat EPG reader as a default because the OpenTV EPG reader is default on image.

Attached is the EPG with only one source.
great xmas.webp]
 
Last edited:
Is my understanding wrong then? is CrossEPG better?

OpenTV EPG is built-in and does the same as Cross, i.e. downloads the listings from 11778V on Astra 2. Also OpenTV does a better job of parsing the data.

If EPG-Importer and OpenTV are both showing the same problem this mean the most likely problem is the data sent by the broadcaster is broken.
 
If you are using the Rytec EPG from the internet (acquired by EPG importer), you should disable Freesat EPG as well as disable the OPenTV Epg reader. Important thing is to use one EPG source for services and not combine two different sources.

For OpenTV EPG, see here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63896-Setting-up-Sky-UK-epg-download

In my opinion we should disable the Freesat EPG reader as a default because the OpenTV EPG reader is default on image.

Attached is the EPG with only one source.
View attachment 64469]

Can you tell me which one source you are using for that screen shot?

I've got mine down to one source, so not getting the duplicates now, but the news shows on mine are coming in at 64 minutes, so not showing the second half of the film...
 
I was just using the Freesat reader. Did you delete the cache first?
 

Attachments

  • great xmas epg.webp
    great xmas epg.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 6
I was just using the Freesat reader. Did you delete the cache first?

I really appreciate your support, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, the guide data seems to be different for me.
These are my settings:
EPG_Settings.webp

And my sources:
EPG_Sources.webp

And I can confirm that I have deleted the cache before running a manual import, which gives me this listing:
Great xmas EPG.webp

Note that the News items are 64 minutes and start at xx:56
 
@BatterBits - you seem to have two EPG sources enabled - Freesat and Rytec. The Freesat EPG is transmitted with the satellite signal data, the Rytec EPG is internet sourced. @abu's example in post #7 is using the Freesat data only. If you mix different EPG sources, you will get different results. So, maybe stick to the Freesat reader only and turn off Rytec for Uk/Ireland. Or just enable the OpenTV reader in the EPG settings (and turn off Freesat and Rytec) if you can receive 28.2E direct. The OpenTV data direct from the satellite stream is the most authoritative and up-to-date source.
 
@BatterBits - you seem to have two EPG sources enabled - Freesat and Rytec. The Freesat EPG is transmitted with the satellite signal data, the Rytec EPG is internet sourced. @abu's example in post #7 is using the Freesat data only. If you mix different EPG sources, you will get different results. So, maybe stick to the Freesat reader only and turn off Rytec for Uk/Ireland. Or just enable the OpenTV reader in the EPG settings (and turn off Freesat and Rytec) if you can receive 28.2E direct. The OpenTV data direct from the satellite stream is the most authoritative and up-to-date source.

Thanks - so I have disabled the rytec sources, and enabled the "Enable opentv EPG in settings. I have then enabled the OpenTV EPG downloader. Is there any way to "force" the download of the EPG data? I have deleted the cache, and all the channels are now empty....
 
Please also disable the Freesat EPG reader. This is in the EPG settings, it is separate to the Freesat sources in Rytec.

In the OpenTV EPG downloader menu, enable show in extension, restart enigma2. When you next press blue, you will see "OpenTV EPG forced download". That will manually do the zap so EPG is absorbed.
 
Please also disable the Freesat EPG reader. This is in the EPG settings, it is separate to the Freesat sources in Rytec.

In the OpenTV EPG downloader menu, enable show in extension, restart enigma2. When you next press blue, you will see "OpenTV EPG forced download". That will manually do the zap so EPG is absorbed.

Thanks so much, Finally, I can keep the wife happy!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top