Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] EPG Importer and Refresh

You have this problem.
< 37.150> [eEPGCache] /media/hdd/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat


Why is the HDD on the receiver being used being referred to as a network mount?

< 21.027> [Harddisk] new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda
< 21.027> [Console] command: ('sdparm', 'sdparm', '--set=SCT=0', '/dev/sda')
< 21.028> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting sdparm
< 21.065> [Harddisk] enumerating network mounts...
< 21.066> [Harddisk] new Network Mount RootVUSOLO4K -> /media/autofs/RootVUSOLO4K
< 21.067> [Harddisk] new Network Mount HarddiskVUSOLO4K -> /media/autofs/HarddiskVUSOLO4K
< 21.067> [Harddisk] new Network Mount HarddiskVUUNO4KSE -> /media/autofs/HarddiskVUUNO4KSE



Your picon path is this
< 21.837> [Picon] adding path: /media/autofs/HarddiskVUUNO4KSE/picon/
You are using the picons from the Uno4kSe. Looks like we need to tweak the code again. Network shares were not meant to be usable for picons

With EPG Import, I bet you have set it to clear EPG before fetching. Why are you using both methods?
 
Last edited:
Looks ok to me as far as I can tell...…

Code:
<   473.039> [EPGImport] imported 15635 events
<   473.039> [EPGImport] imported 15635 events
<   473.225> [XMLTVImport] Save last import date and count event
<   473.225> [XMLTVImport] Save last import date and count event
<   473.226> [XMLTVImport] Run check deep standby after import
<   473.226> [XMLTVImport] Run check deep standby after import
<   473.226> [EPGImport] #### Finished ####
 
Don't reboot or retsart. Issue the df -Th command again and post back the result please.
 
No, have done nothing out of the ordinary but, at least that is one mystery solved. Have just shut down uno4k and, surprise, surprise the picons have disappeared from solo4k. When I try to load picons from plugins I do not get a choice for 28.2E.
I am afraid I had powered down before I read your previous post. Deleted epg.dat, ran importer again but new file will still not display. Am going to have to pop-out for a while but will try again later.
 
Again - store your picons in flash when you download them, not on hard disk, otherwise you are just slowing the machine on channel changes. See post #16
 
We really need to establish if you have a problem with the HDD in the solo 4k or not. Can I suggest that you make an image backup so that you can go back to it at a later stage. Then start afresh, i.e flash latest and do not restore settings or plugins. Do not create any network mountpoints.

If it is fine after a few days, start adding things back.

You will find the picon ipks
Code:
https://github.com/picons/picons/releases
 
I could not figure-out how to download picons from github link you gave so I have copied existing ones, put them in flash on both boxes and deleted from hard drive. All working fine.

I think that I misunderstood the relationship, or lack of it, between Import and Refresh so have disabled Refresh on both boxes. Have tried "clearing epg before refresh" once, but now have it set to "no".

I deleted all network mounts on both boxes (I used them in order to access recordings from either box) and put epg in flash on solo4k but still same problem. I presume that rules-out HDD issue. Put back on HDD and ran Importer which shows correct time, number of events, generates epg.dat with correct time but still no display. Tried save/load several times with no joy and decided it was time to give up but needed epg for recordings last night. Reset network mounts and brought epg.dat from uno4k, hit load and everything populated. I just cannot get my head around that and, clearly, will have to start from scratch. It may be sometime in the future and I have to look-up a solution you gave me a couple of years ago to cure a timeout message related to unicable or FBC. I cannot remember where or how many seconds delay I entered.

I will report results when I have done it.
 
Now on 5.3.003 and still having problems with epg importer on Solo4K
If "load only bouquets" is selected Importer shows time, zero events and does not generate epg.dat. (Could this be anything to do with me also having a DVB T tuner?). If deselected then thousands of events recorded, epg file generated but epg grid and "now and next" will not populate.
If I then copy epg.dat from Uno4KSE, paste it on Solo4K and go "EPG Load" everything populates perfectly.
Any further suggestions gratefully accepted.
 
Last edited:
I don't understand what you are saying about "deselected". When using EPG ikmporter, you don't obtain EPG based on tuners.

Please upload the file called "settings". It is in /etc/enigma2/, you will need to zip/rar it before you can upload.

Also attach the epgimporter log

* Where is the epgimport.log


Open the XMLTV importer.
Press now the Menu button on your remote.

Make the choice to see the log.

Now you see the log. This log can be saved, and you find the saved fle in /tmp/
 
Files as requested.
By deselect I meant not allowing it to "load only services in bouquets". If that is selected it will import nothing.
I haven't mentioned this before but there is no Terrestrial EPG.


Code:
config.autobouquetsmaker.addprefix=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.extra_debug=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.FTA_only=sat_282_sky_uk|terrestrial_uk_freeview
config.autobouquetsmaker.hidesections=sat_282_sky_uk:490|sat_282_sky_uk:560|sat_282_sky_uk:580|sat_282_sky_uk:601|sat_282_sky_uk:660|sat_282_sky_uk:701|sat_282_sky_uk:1000|sat_282_sky_uk:1020|sat_282_sky_uk:1030|sat_282_sky_uk:1050
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert
config.autobouquetsmaker.markersinindex=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.nextscheduletime=1570338000
config.autobouquetsmaker.providers=sat_282_sky_uk:sdcustom_tyne:45:|terrestrial_uk_freeview:pontop_pike________:45:
config.autobouquetsmaker.schedule=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.scheduletime=6:0
config.autolanguage.audio_usecache=False
config.av.autores_480p24=480p24
config.av.autores_720p24=720p24
config.av.autores_delay=500
config.av.autovolume=hdmi
config.av.downmix_aac=passthrough
config.av.downmix_ac3=passthrough
config.av.generalAC3delay=0
config.av.generalPCMdelay=0
config.av.pip=516,372,180,135
config.av.surround_3d=hdmi
config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080p
config.av.videorate.1080p=multi
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/usr/crossepg/crossepg.config', '/usr/crossepg/providers', '/usr/keys', '/etc/samba', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.wlan0.conf', '/usr/script']
config.crash.daysloglimit=8
config.crash.debugloglimit=4
config.crash.enabledebug=True
config.crash.sizeloglimit=10
config.epg.cacheloadsched=True
config.epg.cacheloadtimer=24
config.epg.cachesavesched=True
config.epg.cachesavetimer=1
config.epg.eit=False
config.epg.freesat=False
config.epg.histminutes=0
config.epg.netmed=False
config.epg.viasat=False
config.epg.virgin=False
config.epgselection.enhanced_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.enhanced_itemsperpage=18
config.epgselection.graph_channel1=True
config.epgselection.graph_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.graph_infowidth=50
config.epgselection.graph_itemsperpage=8
config.epgselection.graph_piconwidth=100
config.epgselection.graph_primetimehour=20
config.epgselection.graph_primetimemins=0
config.epgselection.graph_servfs=0
config.epgselection.graph_servicetitle_mode=picon
config.epgselection.graph_servicewidth=250
config.epgselection.graph_timelinefs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_infowidth=50
config.epgselection.infobar_itemsperpage=2
config.epgselection.infobar_piconwidth=100
config.epgselection.infobar_primetimehour=20
config.epgselection.infobar_primetimemins=0
config.epgselection.infobar_servfs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_servicewidth=250
config.epgselection.infobar_timelinefs=0
config.epgselection.multi_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.multi_itemsperpage=18
config.epgselection.multi_showbouquet=True
config.epgselection.overjump=True
config.hdmicec.enabled=True
config.hdmicec.handle_deepstandby_events=True
config.hdmicec.handle_tv_standby=False
config.hdmicec.handle_tv_wakeup=False
config.hdmicec.report_active_menu=False
config.hdmicec.sourceactive_zaptimers=True
config.hdmicec.tv_wakeup_detection=activity


config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/hdd/
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.misc.initialchannelselection=False
config.misc.isNextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto=True
config.misc.languageselected=False
config.misc.restorewizardrun=True
config.misc.showradiopic=False
config.misc.startCounter=394
config.misc.videowizardenabled=False
config.misc.window_animation_default=1
config.movielist.fontsize=0
config.movielist.itemsperpage=20
config.movielist.last_videodir=/media/autofs/RootVUSOLO4K/
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1630
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=15
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_user
config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicableManufacturer=Dura-Sat(DUR-line)
config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1730
config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=16
config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1840
config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=17
config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1880
config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=18
config.Nims.3.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.3.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1920
config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=19
config.Nims.4.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.4.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.4.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=1960
config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=20
config.Nims.5.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.5.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.5.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=2000
config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=21
config.Nims.6.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.6.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.6.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.format=jess
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.scrfrequency=2040
config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=22
config.Nims.7.advanced.sat.282.lnb=1
config.Nims.7.advanced.sats=282
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnected=True
config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
config.Nims.7.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.8.multiType=1
config.Nims.8.terrestrial=Pontop Pike (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.9.multiType=1
config.Nims.9.terrestrial=Pontop Pike (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.OpenWebif.allow_upload_ipk=True
config.OpenWebif.auth=True
config.OpenWebif.webcache.moviesort=dated
config.osd.alpha=255
config.osd.dst_height=556
config.osd.dst_left=13
config.osd.dst_top=10
config.osd.dst_width=695
config.pluginbrowser.po=True
config.pluginbrowser.src=True
config.plugins.autotimer.show_help=False
config.plugins.epgimport.deepstandby=wakeup
config.plugins.epgimport.enabled=True
config.plugins.epgimport.longDescDays=7
config.plugins.epgimport.runboot=1
config.plugins.epgimport.showinmainmenu=True
config.plugins.epgrefresh.adapter=record
config.plugins.epgrefresh.delay_standby=10
config.plugins.epgrefresh.inherit_autotimer=True
config.plugins.epgrefresh.interval=2
config.plugins.epgrefresh.interval_seconds=120
config.plugins.epgrefresh.lastscan=1570177420
config.plugins.epgrefresh.show_help=False
config.plugins.epgrefresh.show_in_extensionsmenu=True
config.plugins.epgrefresh.show_in_plugins=True
config.plugins.epgrefresh.wakeup=True
config.plugins.epgsearch.numorbpos=0
config.plugins.extra_epgimport.last_import=Sat Oct  5 08:35:53 2019, 16313

config.recording.keep_timers=7
config.recording.margin_after=5
config.recording.margin_before=3
config.recording.offline_decode_delay=1000
config.sec.delay_after_enable_voltage_before_switch_command=1400
config.seek.selfdefined_13=15
config.seek.selfdefined_46=60
config.seek.selfdefined_79=300
config.seek.sensibility=10
config.servicelist.startupservice_onstandby=True
config.skin.display_skin=skin_display_picon.xml
config.softwareupdate.autoimagebackup=True
config.softwareupdate.checktimer=24
config.softwareupdate.updatelastcheck=1570260934
config.streaming.stream_ecm=True
config.unicable.unicable=unicable_user
config.unicable.unicableManufacturer=Ankaro
config.unicable.unicableProduct=UCS 51440
config.usage.alternative_number_mode=True
config.usage.alternatives_priority=1
config.usage.blinking_display_clock_during_recording=True
config.usage.date.compact=%-d %b 
config.usage.date.compressed=%-d%b 
config.usage.date.displayday=%a %-d %b
config.usage.frontend_priority=0
config.usage.frontend_priority_dvbs=0
config.usage.frontend_priority_dvbt=8
config.usage.movielist_piconwidth=100
config.usage.movielist_servicename_mode=picon
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_days=8
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_reserve=40
config.usage.quickzap_bouquet_change=True
config.usage.service_icon_enable=True
config.usage.serviceinfo_fontsize=0
config.usage.serviceitems_per_page=16
config.usage.servicelist_cursor_behavior=standard
config.usage.servicelistpreview_mode=True
config.usage.servicename_fontsize=0
config.usage.servicenum_fontsize=0
config.usage.servicetype_icon_mode=1
config.usage.show_bouquetalways=True
config.usage.show_eit_nownext=False
config.usage.show_infobar_dimming_speed=40
config.usage.subnetwork=False
config.usage.subnetwork_terrestrial=False
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrestrial EPG is absorbed from the signal stream. You have disabled it. Re-enable it. I would also enable Freesat too

config.epg.eit=False
config.epg.freesat=False
config.usage.show_eit_nownext=False

The other major issue is that you are using the dvb subnet in the namespace. Please change this. All your service references do not match as a result. I would then double check your timers and autotimers.

You also do not need the extra debug log in ABM. Disable it.

Attached are screenshots of my misc tuner and EPG settings

EDIT:
EPG Importer ran fine

[EPGImport] ### thread is ready ### Events: 16313
[EPGImport] imported 16313 events
[XMLTVImport] Save last import date and count event
[XMLTVImport] Run check deep standby after import
[EPGImport] #### Finished ####
 
Last edited:
Well, I am making progress, albeit slowly.

Terrestrial EPG fixed....thank you.

I have copied your settings, done everything else you suggested and deleted all of my timers. Still nothing if I allow "load only in bouquets" so have said no to that.

Grid now populates but only on channels I have watched and only 24 hrs ahead with a lot of gaps.

I still have to copy from Uno4KSE to get full 7 day EPG but even that has gaps after upgrading to 5.3.004.

I will continue experimenting, when time allows, and let you know if I have any success.
 
Don't complicate things, forget the EPG from the other receiver. I bet you have done the same thing with the sub-net on the other receiver.

Remove your services, restart, scan again and then run EPG importer again

Up (next to OK) > Green (satellites/reception lists) > Highlight 28.2 > Menu > remove selected satellite > restart
 
No, not using IPTV.

That was very, very helpful. The crucial things were the rescan and enabling FTA.

For the first time ever I also have radio EPG. :smiley_yup:
 
If you are just using 28.2, use CrossEPG downloader, selecting OpenTV EPG. No need for EPG importer or anything else.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top