Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Epg issues

ok I disabled all the other providers and now just have opentv for my EPG data,

one question? how do I delete any EPG data left over from the overs
 
Issue telnet command
Code:
init 4

I have never used Telnet how do I telnet to the box please

Then delete the epg.dat file using ftp program

and also how do I FTP to the box please, can I not delete this file direct form the box itself
 
EPG data is kep in randomn access memory. It is written back to the storage device at restart/shutdown. It is pointless deleting epg.dat while the receiver is running as it will just be re-written back. This is why you must stop enigma from running by use of telnet command.
One way is to use a program a called called Putty to issue the telnet command. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...cram-conf-file&p=315344&viewfull=1#post315344

For FTP , I use a program called Filezilla.
 
Issue telnet command
Code:
init 4

So doesn't telnet command init 4 - stop enigma running - if so how would I get it running again

can I not turn off the box then just use the ftp ( im trying to use vu control centre to delete the epg.dat file


Then delete the epg.dat file using ftp program

where is the epg.dat file located on the box so I can find it in ftp
 
Depends on what you have it setup as in epg menu. Normally on root of storage device ( i.e not in a folder)
 
EPG can be on HDD or USB. It is only read on startup and during save process.


For picons, in order of preferance
1. Internal flash memory (fastest)
2. USB flash drive
3. Hard drive (will spin up on channel change unles already spinning)

how would I install the picons on flash memory then, iv never done that, I don't currently have a spare USB so I am guessing at the moment all my Picons are stored on my internal HDD am I correct?
as if I can reduce the hard drive spin up then il do whatever I can to prolong its life if it doesn't need to spin .
also can you recommend any good picons for uk sky channels please.
 
ok I have just deleted the EPG data file and crossEPG and re downloaded them

so im guessing that is fine now? would you recommend me putting the EPG onto USB when I get one?
 
For EPG, USB or HDD are equal in merit. If you have a HDD then stick to that, no need to use USB for EPG.

You can start a new thread for picons when you are happy with EPG
 
thank you for all your help,

well the EPG seems to be ok now, just gone through it and its download all programmes well I went upto about Saturday but obviously it could of downloaded more
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top