Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] EPG position issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Remote
  • Start date Start date
R

Remote

Guest
Hi

New to the ET8000 and I'm having an issue when setting timers from the epg grid.

If I scroll right on the grid to a future day and programme and then add a timer, after adding the timer the grid shows the same location in the future that I set the timer from (desired behaviour by me)

However, if I'm checking programmes far in the future I found out that I can click on the channel up/down buttons and jump the epg grid 24h at a time (good), however if I then find a programme that I want to record and add a timer for it, after doing so I return to the current EPG position ie NOW, this is a bit of a pain when adding lots of timers ahead of time, as I have to keep paginating eg 7 days into the future again. Is this intended/known behaviour, or is there a setting I should change to allow page up down epg pagination to mean that after timer setting the epg stays in the area where I had just set the last timer?

TIA
 
I have the same problem on my Duo 2 box..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
It's been like this for years now. It didn't used to be in the early days of vix but a change made it happen and the devs said that was how it had to be....
 
Thanks guys

Probably can work around this most of the time, it's just I'm setting Christmas recordings ahead of time, since I'm travelling.

I might also look at setting future recording with an app/web interface as an alternative
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If I scroll right on the grid to a future day and programme and then add a timer,
after adding the timer the grid shows the same location in the future that I set the timer from.

Nice one -very handy at this time of year. :)
 
You can use the 6 button to advance 5 hours at a time - this way returns you back to the last added timer as well.
 
i just go to a channel i might want to record from using red button skim down list and right arrow next page right arrow next page see program and set timer to record once and if no others exit out to the next channel and start again:D hence why a big hd [ empty ] comes in handy
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top