Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] EPG Problem "Starting Soon"

  • Thread starter Thread starter wubbster
  • Start date Start date
W

wubbster

Guest
In the last 24 hours my EPG reads "Starting Soon" on every channel. On the now and next EPG it does load up after a few seconds but on the bouquet screen it always remains as "starting soon". I did try updating the CrossEPG but thats about the extent of my knowledge I am afraid!

Also sorry to throw another quickie in, but if I update Vix will it always wipe my Cline? I did it a few weeks ago and had to re-enter the info, just checking this was normal.
 
I would advise you re read the forum rules again, especially the bit about cardsharing. Granted you are not asking for help with that here but you need to word your posts more carefully in future or they may be deleted etc.
 
The latest update factory defaulted the softcam settings. You will no doubt have to transfer your files across again. As far as I know this does not normally happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have updated vix and download EPG etc but still says "starting soon" on all channels.
 
EPG, channel list/bouquets are separate items. How have you created/sourced your channel list?
 
It was working fine and I didn't do anything to cause a change. I believe our existing channel list source was from Sky ZZ something? Sorry it has been a while since I set this part up.
 
tried above suggestion and still says it. I am including a photo of EPG to show you but I guess it wont help.Photo 16-12-2014 21 41 41.webp
 
Thanks for posting the picture. Takes alot of guess work out of the equation. We need to delete the epg.dat file and then redownload the epg. However, we cannot do this while the system is running.

Telnet the followiing command to your receiver, it will put your receiver to sleep, delete the file and then restart
Code:
init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/hdd2/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb1/epg.dat && rm -rf /media/usb2/epg.dat && init 3

See this thread if required
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...elnet-commands&p=315344&viewfull=1#post315344
 
Last edited:
I tried above but the box didn't sleep,it just restarted quickly. If I attempt to re-download the EPG it quickly does the channels and then says "Parsing events" which takes ages, around 30 minutes,maybe longer.
 
Double check you are pasting the command in full. Try again.


If it still does not work, just do "init 4" then manually delete the epg.dat
 
I have done the above, but how do I gt the box to come back on as it seems like it is on but remote does not do anything. Screen is on on the box.
 
I tried again confirming whole line was pasted correctly and just restarted, so did the init 4 and then manually deleted the epg file.
 
I have done that, but still says "starting soon" . I downloaded epg too.
 
S*y Uk open (astra2 on 28.2)

I just went to retry the whole proceedure again but noticed there is no EPG.dat file even though i re-downloaded data. Is that normal?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top