Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

As mentioned earlier, why are you removing the python 3 code?


I have added the two commits to the dev branch of that repo. Those will not be in the Vix dev image. Twol's python 3 vix image and atv 6.5 use that repo.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-02-06 131354.webp
    Screenshot 2021-02-06 131354.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 13
Since applying fix by @LraiZer, not noticed any issues with OpenTV :)

If I build the latest developer as of today, would this include all fixes for VPS or would I have to manually change it?
 
If I build the latest developer as of today, would this include all fixes for VPS or would I have to manually change it?
It should be fine. Best way to double check is to see if it is in the recording, timeshift and playback menu after you install it.
 
Since applying fix by @LraiZer, not noticed any issues with OpenTV :)

If I build the latest developer as of today, would this include all fixes for VPS or would I have to manually change it?

I'd say they were all in dev, you can easily check because one of the commits moves the VPS plugin from system to recording.

Snap.
 
I've just tried changing autotimer "new timer defaults" and VPS can be switched on permanently without any (apparent) problems.
 
I'd say they were all in dev, you can easily check because one of the commits moves the VPS plugin from system to recording.

Snap.

Just to clarify, the plugin is built from master branch of that repository for OpenViX non-python 3. Do not mix up Dev branch of Vix's Enigma 2 with dev branch of the plugins repository. Just like we used to use 2.3 branch and master was not used a few years ago until everyone was on 2.3 and then renames got made.
 
Just to clarify, the plugin is built from master branch of that repository for OpenViX non-python 3. Do not mix up Dev branch of Vix's Enigma 2 with dev branch of the plugins repository. Just like we used to use 2.3 branch and master was not used a few years ago until everyone was on 2.3 and then renames got made.

Cheers, @bbbuk asked about the "developer" branch, so I assumed that was what he was going to use.
 
The current master/dev differences in the VPS plugin code are minimal (and are all to do with Py3 compatibility).

The Vix dev and release both use the master version of the VPS plugin.
 
I'm sure he was referring to Enigma2 branch, not the plugin branch.
Yes, I was referring to E2 branch. I should have been clear.

I now have VPS installed now. Got it setup to use VPS for one of her soaps tomorrow so will know tomorrow.

Never used VPS until now but tbh I had never knew it existed haha :)
 
Fyi

I expect to be able to start looking at why the VPS option can disappear (or never appear in the first place) from timers later this week.

I'll probably start a new thread for it so that it can all be looked at in one go (this one is already on post 271)..

I'll be working with the dev code, but that will be fine for testing on any Vix system.
I'll also only be looking at the Python code - I won't be changing any of the compiled cpp code.
 
Have you seen the report by ATV users about the crashes following your changes. It is ATV 6.4 so using master branch of plugins repo.
 
Last edited:
Can someone with ATV available try my suggested solution.
 
Have you seen the report by ATV users about the crashes following your changes. It is ATV 6.4 so using master branch of plugins repo.
No, although I see that Heuvos has reverted to the code which caused the original crash.
Which will work for ATV but not for Vix.
Which is why I'm looking at this plugin in the first place.

I'll get a proper fix in later this week.

EDIT: Or even later today.

I can see what needs to be done.
The problem is that ATV added a positional parameter to configSetup() (and then appears to always call it with the same value of "config") and that is how it is used in the plugin. This has to be removed for non-ATV usage to avoid a crash.
But Vix has added an optional parameter whcih is used at restore time, and this needs to be catered for (to prevent the crash that was being seen) and passed on (to prevent false timer clashes).
If I hadn't tried to separate out the widget arg ATV would have been OK.
But, it turns out, the Vix part was incomplete.
[STRIKE]
The correct full fix will at least be able to get rid of the Py2/Py3 test.[/STRIKE] But I'm busy this afternoon.
EDIT2: If I say again that the Py2/Py3 can be removed, remind me that I'm wrong...
 
Last edited:
Why won't it work for vix? Vix uses the else clause. Nothing has changed there.

I haven't reverted anything. I just stopped the crash which was caused by trying to write to an immutable object (args).
 
Last edited:
Why won't it work for vix? Vix uses the else clause. Nothing has changed there..
Yes it has.

You have broken the API on Vix, as there is it possible for it to be called with a justLoad=True optional parameter (to prevent it testing timers for free tuners when loading a restorer before it has set up the tuner config - especially for USB ones) and you have removed that option.

This is the cause of the original crash on Vix that got me involved here. So Vix is back to square one.

But, as I've said, I'll look at this shortly.
 
:confused: justLoad is for RecordTimer.loadTimer. My change is to TimerEntry.createSetup. There are no extra arguments passed here.
 
:confused: justLoad is for RecordTimer.loadTimer. My change is to TimerEntry.createSetup. There are no extra arguments passed here.
Agreed.
There has been some confusion (on my part) here.

So, my (quick) assessment now is that the current code is OK, but that the createSetup() intercepting call might be able to be improved to make it resilient to any additions there.
I do have some (equivalent) test code to work with now.

And I need to check how that the loadTimer() code is as resilient as it can be.

Argument/parameter passing in Python leaves a lot to be desired.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top