Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

EIT Schedule is not present on 28 east so anything that is not now/next must come from a proprietary EPG, i.e Sky, Frresat or online download.

which of the numbered questions are you answering?
 
The only EIT data on 28e is NOW & NEXT data (but it is EIT data). Freeview (terrestrial) has full 7 day EIT data.

Where does the eit field in the timers I posted get populated from and how does it manage to match the now/next data which VPS uses for signalling?
 
The 2nd 2 samples show DVB-T sampled from iepg-1 and crossepg and that the eit field is different (and incorrect) on iepg-1

Surely they're different because they are for 2 different programmes, "Channel 4 News" and "Pointless", or are am I losing the plot completely?
 
Surely they're different because they are for 2 different programmes, "Channel 4 News" and "Pointless", or are am I losing the plot completely?

My mistake corrected samples for the same programme (pointless being the next pgm on the epg at the time, not something I watch):
iepg-1:
Code:
<timer begin="1610990101" end="1610992920" serviceref="1:0:19:1B1C:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="49684" tags="">
<log code="15" time="1610987462">record time changed, start prepare is now: Mon Jan 18 17:14:41 2021</log>
</timer>
crossepg:
Code:
<timer begin="1610990100" end="1610992920" serviceref="1:0:19:1B1C:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" eit="18580" tags=""/>

As you see - same pgm, totally different eit (where does the eit field get populated from on 28,2e?)
 
Its getting the EIT data OTA on 28e (where else would it get it?). As you have said its the NEXT program in the epg then EIT data will be available for it. There is no EIT possible when using crossepg or IEPG1 etc.
 
Its getting the EIT data OTA on 28e (where else would it get it?). As you have said its the NEXT program in the epg then EIT data will be available for it. There is no EIT possible when using crossepg or IEPG1 etc.

Please follow the steps I detailed to replicate the problem.

1. All of the timers set from autotimers for the next 7 days contain eit data, I only record from DVB-S, where does the eit data come from (I can purge the epg.dat and disable DVB-T harvesting)?

2. Why does the eit number for iepg-1 harvested data differ from that harvested by crossepg

3. Why does the crossepg eit data (for timers set days in advance) match the now/next eit data when iepg-1 eit data does not?
 
There are two types of EIT EPG. 7 days and now/next. 28.2 also Freesat EPG. Please try disabling Freesat EPG reader and see what happens.

Your posts about EIT number are the first time that I noticed them. I never knew they existed.
 
There are two types of EIT EPG. 7 days and now/next. 28.2 also Freesat EPG. Please try disabling Freesat EPG reader and see what happens.

Yes, I'm aware that there are 2 types of EIT, they have to match for VPS to function.

What do you mean by "Freesat EPG", I'm using OPENTV 28.2e within crossepg.
 
You seem to be getting several sets of epg data and getting mixed up. The freesat epg also uses an extended set of EIT data.
 
The Freesat EPG reader being enabled means whenever you are on a service that has Freest EPG, it will absorb the EPG data. Go to your EPG settings page, you will see it. Then disable it.
 
You seem to be getting several sets of epg data and getting mixed up. The freesat epg also uses an extended set of EIT data.
I'll repeat, I do not harvest the Freesat epg as I have that option disabled, I only harvest the opentv stream

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
The Freesat EPG reader being enabled means whenever you are on a service that has Freest EPG, it will absorb the EPG data. Go to your EPG settings page, you will see it. Then disable it.
What "Freesat epg", I have that disabled and only enable opentv?

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
What "Freesat epg", I have that disabled and only enable opentv?
I think so.
I've noticed that sometimes the EPG from "IEPG data 1" gets a little messed up if I leave Freesat EPG enabled and I don't even try and use VPS.
It's annoying because there is no other obvious way to get an EPG for any of the radio channels.
No need to respond, I don't want to steal your thread.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, here is "Pointless" on freeview HD and SD, 2 more eit's to worry about...

Code:
<timer begin="1611594780" end="1611597960" serviceref="1:0:1:104F:104F:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="35/55. The quiz in which contestants try to score as few points as possible by plumbing the depths of their general knowledge to come up with the answers no-one else could think of. Also in HD. [S]" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" [COLOR="#FF0000"]eit="18588"[/COLOR] tags="Pointless"/>
<timer begin="1611594781" end="1611597960" serviceref="1:0:19:4484:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="35/55. The quiz in which contestants try to score as few points as possible by plumbing the depths of their general knowledge to come up with the answers no-one else could think of. [S] [HD]" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" [COLOR="#FF0000"]eit="19084"[/COLOR] tags="Pointless">
 
FWIW, here is "Pointless" on freeview HD and SD, 2 more eit's to worry about...

Code:
<timer begin="1611594780" end="1611597960" serviceref="1:0:1:104F:104F:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="35/55. The quiz in which contestants try to score as few points as possible by plumbing the depths of their general knowledge to come up with the answers no-one else could think of. Also in HD. [S]" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" [COLOR="#FF0000"]eit="18588"[/COLOR] tags="Pointless"/>
<timer begin="1611594781" end="1611597960" serviceref="1:0:19:4484:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Pointless" description="35/55. The quiz in which contestants try to score as few points as possible by plumbing the depths of their general knowledge to come up with the answers no-one else could think of. [S] [HD]" afterevent="auto" justplay="0" always_zap="0" pipzap="0" conflict_detection="1" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" [COLOR="#FF0000"]eit="19084"[/COLOR] tags="Pointless">
SD and HD aren't the same programme, whereas dvb-t and dvb-s are

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
SD and HD aren't the same programme, whereas dvb-t and dvb-s are

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

I know - the point I'm making is that different providers are using different "eit's", neither of the ones I posted match yours.

Edit: maybe because the one you posted was an episode broadcast 6 days ago?
 
Last edited:
I know - the point I'm making is that different providers are using different "eit's", neither of the ones I posted match yours.

Edit: maybe because the one you posted was an episode broadcast 6 days ago?
Each programme has a unique eit, HD on dvb-t or dvb-s is the same programme which is why the eit matches.
SD is not the same programme as hd hence the different eit.
There's also different data relating to the overarching programme and the episode within, but that doesn't seem to be exposed on enigma2 whereas with a hack it was on toppy.

The point remains that the eit harvested from iepg-1 does not match the now/next whereas crossepg does. Which is why, when crossepg was removed and we were directed to epgrefresh/iepg-1, I started having VPS issues which prompted my original post
I'll test the newly released new dvb-t module tomorrow.

The pointless episode data was captured 6 days ago but not posted as the admin withdrew his incorrect post.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
This is a good read if you're interested in Event Information Tables.....

Code:
https://wiki.hummy.tv/etsi.pdf
 
Which channels on 28e send data VPS plugin needs?

From the plugin:

Supported channels
Germany:
ARD and ZDF

Austria:
ORF

Switzerland:
SF

Czech Republic:
CT
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top