Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Thanks ccs.
@goRt - are you still using the Release version 5.4? I'm testing this on a development image which has had fixes made to the Event Id (sourced from the Sky IEPG transponder) which now matches the EIT now/next data. There have been a few tweaks to the menus system also, but I don't know if they will have any effect on VPS function.

Just for clarity.
1) AutoTimer setting from EPG works fine for me. It provides a VPS setting option in the menu dialogue. The subsequent timers generated by AutoTimer have the VPS info in them and they appear to be working fine.
2) Manual timer setting from EPG does not provide any VPS options. No VPS info visible in the subsequently generated timer unless I delete the timer name in the menu dialogue. Then I get VPS option.
3) Instant record pops up a VPS dialogue once the recording starts.

This is through the menu system. I haven't tried OpenwebIF.
 
Thanks ccs.
@goRt - are you still using the Release version 5.4? I'm testing this on a development image which has had fixes made to the Event Id (sourced from the Sky IEPG transponder) which now matches the EIT now/next data. There have been a few tweaks to the menus system also, but I don't know if they will have any effect on VPS function.

Just for clarity.
1) AutoTimer setting from EPG works fine for me. It provides a VPS setting option in the menu dialogue. The subsequent timers generated by AutoTimer have the VPS info in them and they appear to be working fine.
2) Manual timer setting from EPG does not provide any VPS options. No VPS info visible in the subsequently generated timer unless I delete the timer name in the menu dialogue. Then I get VPS option.
3) Instant record pops up a VPS dialogue once the recording starts.

This is through the menu system. I haven't tried OpenwebIF.

Yes sir, my day to day is 5.3.039, I flip onto 5.4.004 release to test, if I change to dev in the menus will I pull the version you're working on? I want to avoid building yet another environment to build the dev branch from.
 
There appears to have been more activity on VPS in OpenPLi over recent years....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/vps/src_py

OE-Alliance....

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/vps/src_py
 
There appears to have been more activity on VPS in OpenPLi over recent years....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/vps/src_py

OE-Alliance....

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/vps/src_py

Last I looked they were on 1.6, we're on 1.3
 
..... version 1.7 two years ago. :)
 

Attachments

  • sl_vps.webp
    sl_vps.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 13
Thanks abu - I definitely don't get the "enable VPS" option in GREEN (add timer), only in BLUE (add autotimer). I wonder if I have a rogue .py file somewhere? I'll check and then maybe do a couch flash and restore.


Here's a screenshot of a timer selection from grid EPG:
 

Attachments

  • timer.webp
    timer.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@fat-tony, is the problem related to the timer name and description fields being prepopulated?

Maybe try reversing this code and testing again...
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/...a709cd7c0dc99a105b80950c8c89a25ef71c5be824122

This is GREEN GREEN from live tv though, not from EPG.

Thanks @Huevos. GREEN GREEN on the current code - no VPS option. When I reverse the code as suggested, then GREEN GREEN from the current live service provides a VPS option. No effect on EPG as you say.
 
I am using current code in the enigma repo and plugin repo.

From GREEN GREEN I get this:

1.webp


From EPG GREEN I get this:

2.webp

No idea what is supposed to be wrong.
 
Very mysterious - you and abu have the VPS option from grid EPG. I only get the option when name field is empty (as per your suggested change) or in autotimer or instant record. Either I have a odd setting in the user interface or a rogue piece of code somewhere. I'll try a download flash and no restore and install VPS clean, then try a settings restore.
 
Downloaded dev 5.4.006.011, flashed and restored settings. Same - autotimers provide a VPS enable setting, manual timer nothing.
 
I installed VPS on my GB Quad Plus. Dev 5.4.006.011 - exactly the same result. Autotimers ok, but manual timer shows no sign of VPS. I must have some fundamental difference in settings which is blocking VPS on manual timers.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top