Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Thought I'd give it a try with a bog standard flash of 5.4.005, with no settings restored.

Added VPS plugin and both timers and autotimers showed the option to enable VPS.

Then tried a settings restore and got a crash :confused:, removing VPS and the settings restore worked ok.

Added VPS again, both timers and autotimers showed the option to enable VPS, but a settings restore crashed the box.

(Freeview only.)
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Simplified version....

Added VPS plugin and both timers and autotimers showed the option to enable VPS, took a settings restore and restored it, got the crash.

Settings....

Code:
config.autobouquetsmaker.FTA_only=terrestrial_uk_freeview
config.autobouquetsmaker.providers=terrestrial_uk_freeview:belmont____________:13:
config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080i
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/etc/samba', '/usr/keys']
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.misc.initialchannelselection=False
config.misc.languageselected=False
config.misc.restorewizardrun=True
config.misc.startCounter=2
config.misc.videowizardenabled=False
config.Nims.0.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.1.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.2.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.3.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.4.multiType=1
config.Nims.4.terrestrial=All regions, United Kingdom, (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.5.multiType=nothing
config.plugins.epgsearch.numorbpos=0
config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.main.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:19:4484:4089:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
config.usage.date.compact=%-d %b 
config.usage.date.compressed=%-d%b 
config.usage.date.displayday=%a %-d %b
config.version=53023

Extrainstalled plugins...

Code:
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps
run-postinsts

Crash....

Code:
<   104.6909> 10:20:28.1104 [eDVBDB] loading bouquet... /etc/enigma2//userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.main.radio
<   104.6910> 10:20:28.1105 [eDVBDB] 1 entries in Bouquet userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.main.radio
<   104.6911> 10:20:28.1105 [eDVBDB] loading bouquet... /etc/enigma2//userbouquet.favourites.radio
<   104.6911> 10:20:28.1106 [eDVBDB] 0 entries in Bouquet userbouquet.favourites.radio
<   104.6911> 10:20:28.1106 [eDVBDB] 2 entries in Bouquet bouquets.radio
<   104.6911> 10:20:28.1106 [eDVBDB] Renumbering...
<   104.6918> 10:20:28.1113 Traceback (most recent call last):
<   104.6918> 10:20:28.1113   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 45, in finishedCB
<   104.6922> 10:20:28.1117   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/BackupManager.py", line 456, in Stage1SettingsComplete
<   104.6924> 10:20:28.1119 TypeError: new_RecordTimer_loadTimer() got an unexpected keyword argument 'justLoad'
<   104.6926> 10:20:28.1121 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method EnigmaLogFatal.write of <bound method ConsoleItem.dataAvailCB of <bound method EnigmaLogDebug.write of <bound method ConsoleItem.__init__ of <bound method Progress.checkSuspend of <bound method ActionMap.action of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method eSlider.eSlider_setValue of <bound method Pixmap.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method ConditionalShowHide.__getattr__ of <bound method ActionMap.__init__ of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <unbound method eLabel.eLabel_setText>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,(0,)) failed)
 

Attachments

Last edited:
So can we have a copy of the backup. :)

I did a clean flash, no restore and downloaded VPS plugin and configured settings. Same issue - no VPS option on manual record from EPG. So, I went back to my actual VPS settings and turned them all off except "Enable VPS plugin" and I got the VPS option on manual record from EPG!

So, my initial setting of yes to "VPS enabled by default" seems to be the source of the problem. With the setting to no as per attached screenshot, then I get the VPS option in manual record settings. However, after setting that to yes and saving with the GREEN button a subsequently checking the setting menu, it appears that the VPS setting has remained at no. Can anyone confirm this?
 

Attachments

  • VPS_settings.webp
    VPS_settings.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Timer_no.webp
    Timer_no.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
Thought I'd give it a try with a bog standard flash of 5.4.005, with no settings restored.

Added VPS plugin and both timers and autotimers showed the option to enable VPS.

Then tried a settings restore and got a crash :confused:, removing VPS and the settings restore worked ok.

Added VPS again, both timers and autotimers showed the option to enable VPS, but a settings restore crashed the box.

(Freeview only.)

Hi ccs - is there not an issue with Release code and VPS which is causing crashes? The development code to address various issues has not made it to Release yet.
 
I did a clean flash, no restore and downloaded VPS plugin and configured settings. Same issue - no VPS option on manual record from EPG. So, I went back to my actual VPS settings and turned them all off except "Enable VPS plugin" and I got the VPS option on manual record from EPG!

So, my initial setting of yes to "VPS enabled by default" seems to be the source of the problem. With the setting to no as per attached screenshot, then I get the VPS option in manual record settings. However, after setting that to yes and saving with the GREEN button a subsequently checking the setting menu, it appears that the VPS setting has remained at no. Can anyone confirm this?

Can confirm I replicate this.

To add - when in create timer, toggling VPS the focus jumps to the title rather than remaining on the VPS option
 
Yes - I got that too. It seems to be channel dependent. I couldn't get it to work at all on our terrestrial service (Saorview) here in Ireland.
 
If it's any help I added the "justLoad" item mentioned in the crash (some time ago).
It is to stop sanity checking on timers as the system starts up as it's possible at that point for the tuner config to be incomplete and hence checking for clashes at that point would be unreliable, and quite likely to fail (and often did for me, hence the code change).

EDIT: That was 3 years ago (and the call is currently on line 466, not 456).

So the issue is in what self.session.nav.RecordTimer.loadTimer is set to.

Does the VPS plugin do something with this?
 
Last edited:
.... my timers.xml file was empty, if that could be significant...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<timers>
</timers>

and in my basic test I didn't configure VPS at all.
 
Hi ccs - is there not an issue with Release code and VPS which is causing crashes? The development code to address various issues has not made it to Release yet.

Not that I'm aware of, but could easily be wrong.
 
If it's any help I added the "justLoad" item mentioned in the crash (some time ago).
It is to stop sanity checking on timers as the system starts up as it's possible at that point for the tuner config to be incomplete and hence checking for clashes at that point would be unreliable, and quite likely to fail (and often did for me, hence the code change).

EDIT: That was 3 years ago (and the call is currently on line 466, not 456).

So the issue is in what self.session.nav.RecordTimer.loadTimer is set to.

Does the VPS plugin do something with this?

The version of BackupManager.py in 5.4.005 is this.....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/1d3988c712516d33ae7f9b281b0ab800b2586f5b/src/BackupManager.py
which does crash at line 456.

I reckon you're looking at the current master version...

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/master/src/BackupManager.py
 
I reckon you're looking at the current master version...
Yes - I just went to github to look.

Where is the source of the VPS plugin?

I'm wondering whether it is intercepting the loadTimer call incorrectly. Any such intercept has to be able to handle anything thrown at it (not difficult - I had to ensure this in the EPG Translator plugin).
 
The version of BackupManager.py in 5.4.005 is this.....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/1d3988c712516d33ae7f9b281b0ab800b2586f5b/src/BackupManager.py
which does crash at line 456.

I reckon you're looking at the current master version...

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/master/src/BackupManager.py
That is not the current version.
 
I'm wondering whether it is intercepting the loadTimer call incorrectly. Any such intercept has to be able to handle anything thrown at it (not difficult - I had to ensure this in the EPG Translator plugin).
Yes - it's a bug in the plugin.
It's intercepting calls (code in Modifications.py) and making assumptions about the args they will be passed. So if the intercepted call actually has additional ones (as the Vix one does) it crashes.

I'll see about making a working plugin....
 
I'll see about making a working plugin....
Here's a Modifications.py with the intercepts coded such that they can handle any caller. (I think).

(attachment removed - I spotted an error...)

I can't download the current plugin to put it into it as:
[et8000]: opkg download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps
Downloading http://openvixdev.satellites-xml.or...plugins-vps_5.4+git6872+101e697-r0_et8000.ipk.
Removing corrupt package file /var/cache/opkg/149de60da1622c41645f8e9162da73e0_enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps_5.4+git6872+101e697-r0_et8000.ipk.
Collected errors:
* pkg_verify: File size mismatch: /var/cache/opkg/149de60da1622c41645f8e9162da
73e0_enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps_5.4+git6872+101e697-r0_et8000.ipk is 3762
2 bytes, expecting 37600 bytes
* opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps.

EDIT: Fixed that. Had to do an update first....but the files are compiled in it and these are arch-specific(?) so I can't just replace the *.pyo file there.
 
Last edited:
Here's a Modifications.py with the intercepts coded such that they can handle any caller. (I think).

View attachment 61409

I can't download the current plugin to put it into it as:

EDIT: Fixed that. Had to do an update first....but the files are compiled in it and these are arch-specific(?) so I can't just replace the *.pyo file there.

Any reason not to go the 1.7 version mentioned as being in openPLI?
 
Any reason not to go the 1.7 version mentioned as being in openPLI?
Well, I was using the one that is in the enimga2-plugins source and so ends up in the package manager.

If there's anther one that should be used then there's more than one thing that requires fixing here.

But I'd still need to know where the v1.7 PLi code is (OK - found it).
 
Last edited:
Can confirm I replicate this.

To add - when in create timer, toggling VPS the focus jumps to the title rather than remaining on the VPS option
To update,while adding a timer presents the VPS option and appears to let you select yes and save, if you subsequently edit the timer then the VPS option hasn't been saved.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top