It is not a skin issue. Even if VPS is enabled by default it always opens on "no".I'll assume this is a skin issue, then.
I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
It is not a skin issue. Even if VPS is enabled by default it always opens on "no".I'll assume this is a skin issue, then.
This plugin is in desperate need of hints texts on the config page and a decent information guide.
It is not a skin issue. Even if VPS is enabled by default it always opens on "no".
I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
But this is not a yes/no question (or rather, answer).No nothing wrong with the skin. With ConfigSelections it is a user option to show switches for yes/no types.
You showed an on/off slider for a 3-valued response.I report one thing and then everyone seems to test something completely different.
# ConfigSelection is a "one of.."-type.
# it has the "choices", usually a list, which contains
# (id, desc)-tuples (or just only the ids, in case the id
# will be used as description)
You showed an on/off slider for a 3-valued response.
But have ignored the fact that this was noted.
And why would a Selection be limited to two values?
Code:# ConfigSelection is a "one of.."-type. # it has the "choices", usually a list, which contains # (id, desc)-tuples (or just only the ids, in case the id # will be used as description)



OK. Having pieced together a series of messages I'm assuming the setting for a one-off timer is working according to these newly found rules and that there is not a problem.Indeed that is what seems to be happening. I looked through the channels that it was enabled on by default on and yes they were channels I had tested recording on. However not all channels that I had used the plugin in had it enabled by default. And I did a few timer recordings on a few different channels but that didn't change the status either. No big deal - at least we have an explanation of what is happening.
OK.It is not limited to 2 values. If you select the user option to show graphical switches in ConfigSelections, boolean types in the selection show as a graphic. If the selection contains other types these will show as text.
I'm using the same skin (simple 1080) but with text instead of the graphic. I see yes/no only on those options which would align with the the graphic. It's only on the actual timer entries that it show yes/no/yes-safe mode (and it seems to default to yes-safe mode in the timer). I'll try the Vix night HD skin and see.
EDIT - got all three option in the VPS setup on Vix Night HD. The set default option comes up on the timer edit entry and sticks ok. All good :thumbsup:
Yes.Any that don't have switches built in inherit from skin_default (if enabled in the GUI settings). Anyway, we are clear how that works now.
Not sure here what you mean by "selected item" and which list it jumps in.Also needs investigating why adjusting the VPS setting makes the selected item jump to the top of the list.
Yes.
Not sure here what you mean by "selected item" and which list it jumps in.
Yes. If I stop enigma2, edit vps.xml to set default_vps from 0 to 1 for a channel, restart enimga2 then add a timer it picks up the default setting.I can also get VPS set to No for a new one-off timer, even though the default is set to something else.
It is channel-related, but not in any (yet) obvious way (although the default_vps setting in vps.xml looks likely).
Odd - I wrote a reply to this but it's no longer here. Perhaps I forgot to save it?He means to the top line of the timer being edited rather than staying on the VPS selection




def new_TimerEntry_createConfig(self, *args, **kwargs):
print("new_TimerEntry_createConfig")
# Pass on all we were given
self._createConfig_old_rn_vps(*args, **kwargs)
# added by VPS-Plugin
try:
self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = False
default_value = "no"
if self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled is not None:
print("DEBUG 1")
self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled
if self.timer.vpsplugin_enabled:
print("DEBUG 2")
default_value = {False: "yes_safe", True: "yes"}[self.timer.vpsplugin_overwrite]
elif config.plugins.vps.vps_default.value != "no" and self.timer.eit is not None and self.timer.name != "" and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.timer_list and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.processed_timers:
print("DEBUG 3")
from .Vps_check import Check_PDC, VPS_check_PDC_Screen
service = self.timerentry_service_ref.ref
if service and service.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup:
print("DEBUG 4")
service = getBestPlayableServiceReference(service, eServiceReference())
has_pdc, last_check, default_vps = Check_PDC.check_service(service)
print("has_pdc:", has_pdc, "last_check:", last_check, "default_vps:", default_vps)
if has_pdc == 1 or default_vps == 1:
print("DEBUG 5")
self.timerentry_vpsplugin_dontcheck_pdc = True
default_value = config.plugins.vps.vps_default.value
< 44576.9336> 12:08:42.4380 [ActionMap] Keymap 'ColorActions' -> Action = 'green'.
< 44576.9366> 12:08:42.4410 new_TimerEntry_createConfig
< 44576.9397> 12:08:42.4441 DEBUG 3
< 44576.9422> 12:08:42.4465 ('has_pdc:', 0, 'last_check:', 1613142577, 'default_vps:', 0)
< 44576.9492> 12:08:42.4536 [Setup] XML setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
< 46038.7932> 12:33:03.3187 [ActionMap] Keymap 'ShortcutActions' -> Action = 'green'.
< 46038.7948> 12:33:03.3203 new_TimerEntry_createConfig
< 46038.7979> 12:33:03.3234 DEBUG 3
< 46038.7982> 12:33:03.3237 ('has_pdc:', -1, 'last_check:', 0, 'default_vps:', 0)
< 46038.8047> 12:33:03.3302 [Setup] XML cached setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
has_pdc, last_check, default_vps = Check_PDC.check_service(service)
[COLOR="#FF0000"]if has_pdc == 1 or default_vps == 1:[/COLOR]
VPS-Plugin can react on delays arising in the startTime or endTime of a programme. VPS is only supported by certain channels!\n\nIf you enable VPS, the recording will only start, when the channel flags the programme as running.\n\nIf you select "yes (safe mode)", the recording is definitely starting at the latest at the startTime you defined. The recording may start earlier or last longer.\n\n\nSupported channels\n\nGermany:\n ARD and ZDF\n\nAustria:\n ORF\n\nSwitzerland:\n SF\n\nCzech Republic:\n CT\n\nIf a timer is programmed manually (not via EPG), it is necessary to set a VPS-Time to enable VPS. VPS-Time (also known as PDC) is the first published start time, e.g. given in magazines. If you set a VPS-Time, you have to leave timer name empty.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_Delivery_Control