Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] EPG Refresh Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter BeoVision
  • Start date Start date
B

BeoVision

Guest
I have an issue where my EPG does not refresh fully. Im using the EPG refresh plugin which is configured to scan the PVR_EPG channel on VM. I notice that when I wake my box from standby the selected channel will sometimes display no program information and I have to change the channel before it will update. It feels like it’s semi updating as some of the EPG is populated. I have just installed the latest build so it may be i have missed something.

Any thoughts?
 
Try setting it to VM preview channel

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks fellas, will give it a try!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
In the main EPG settings should I have the automatic save option enabled?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Mine is set to yes

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
 
I think it should be borne in mind that EPG refresh is just a channel zapper/selector/changer.

Questions to ask:

Is EPG refresh zapping/changing/selecting
Yes > EPG refresh is working fine
No > There is a problem with EPG refresh

If above is yes...
Are you getting EPG off the stream in combination with EPG refresh
Yes > Everything is fine
No > There is a a problem

If above is No....
Does manually zapping to the same service (selected in EPG refresh) result in EPG
Yes > recheck the settings in EPG refresh
No > Find out which service to use
 
This is what I’m seeing when I wake the box from standby, if I zap a channel the EPG does Refresh.


a9760c661555229c0db60fc3c6f378d5.jpg
26c9971b06fc8ebc4c4163f5b9fd23c9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes, if you look at the second pic the channel displays no program info. If I zap forward one channel and then back the relevant info is displayed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, we are talking about 5 days EPG here.

If you select/tune/watch/see Virgin Media preview in the Entertainment bouquet (not HD bouquet) and wait two minutes. Do you then get 5 days of Virgin EPG.

Press red button for single EPG, then scroll down for days (after waiting two minutes).
 
My stream EPG has been full of gaps all of a sudden on latest version of VIX. Tried everything and all plugins. Went back a to .29 and it seems fine again just using my nightly zap timer.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
 
Abu - if I follow your instructions then 5 day epg is showing for single, Issue is the gaps in the timeline epg via the epg button on the remote and on the channel display as per my screens


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@BeoVision

You may have corrupt EPG data.

1. While testing, do not use EPG refresh. It is just a zapper, we will manually zap while testing
2. See this thread. Install the script and run it.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52890-Remove-EPG

3. Manually zap to VM preview channel. Stay for two minutes. Check EPG.
4. Restart
5. Check EPG again

If all is OK, double check EPG refresh is zapping to VM preview channel
 
Evening guys, just to let you know the issue is now sorted. Don’t know if it self resolved, only thing I did change was to select VM Preview channel from entertainment bouquet instead of from the all channels bouquet? Appreciate all your responses!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have found that setting my fixed dish input (28.2) to A and setting A as the main tuner for record etc has helped the EPG .B is a motorised input on my box ,if I am not viewing 28.2 I tune the receiver to 28.2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top