Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Epg update issue - vix client on vu+ duo

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsm42
  • Start date Start date
R

rsm42

Guest
Hi,

I'm having issues with my EPG updating on my Vu + Duo box running the Vix image v2.4. I'm connected to the Astra28.2 satellite. Basically I've noted that the EPG stopped updating and only goes up to Sun at 17:00.

Do the updates come via the internet or via the satellite system ? Here's
a summary of my current settings. Can anyone suggest the correct settings to use ?

System > EPG >

Location = media/hdd
Auto refresh = No
Auto save = Yes (24 hours)

CROSS EPG settings > Configure

Enable CSV import - Yes
Force epg reload on boot download - Yes
Scheduled download - Each hour (standby)
Show plug in - Yes
Show extension - Yes

The current Open TV providers enabled are :

SkyUK Open TV (Astra2 on 28.2)
SkyUK Open TV (Astra2 on 28.4)


I note when I download the second provider 28.4, once the files are
downloaded I often get a message "Service unavailable - Please check tuner config".

A bit of a longshot but I've noted the HDD is set to go to standby after 5 mins.

Could this be the issue ?

Thanks,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
try ftping into your box, and go to your epg location media/hdd and delete epg.dat and crossepg folder. then try redownloading SkyUK OpenTV 28.2 and see what you get. I get till next wensday here no problem and even a bit of next thursday on certain channels
 
Also for the record CrossEPG using the OpenTV source downloads it's EPG data from the same Data stream as Sky uk does via a radio channel broadcast on the satellite. This channel used to be referred to as the "HipHop" channel.
 
Also for the record CrossEPG using the OpenTV source downloads it's EPG data from the same Data stream as Sky uk does via a radio channel broadcast on the satellite. This channel used to be referred to as the "HipHop" channel.

Always wondered how that worked...
In a house without internet access at the moment & EPG downloading perfectly. Was a bit surprised...
 
Always wondered how that worked...
In a house without internet access at the moment & EPG downloading perfectly. Was a bit surprised...

yup thats the reason it tunes to a radio channel for the download.
 
You do not need Opentv 28.4, thats most likely why you are getting "Service unavailable - Please check tuner config" as your receiver is prob set to Single satellite 28.2.
 
Thanks All,

I've followed instructions and all seems to be ok at the moment after deleting the epg file ! With updates going forward if I select to download at a specific time, will any recording programs at the same time be impacted ? I've noted if you're watching tv it jumps to the download screen. Is it better to go to the updates via standby option ? Presumably if I do not select an update option, the programme listings won't update going forward ?

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top